Within a challenging, inclusive, and customer-centric work culture, the HR Generalist will serve as the first point of contact for front line managers and supervisors in multiple assigned client groups, and partner with the Executive Human Resources Business Partner (EHRBP) to provide assistance and resolution to their Human Capital needs
. Leverage relationships with HR functional partners such as Talent Acquisition, Talent Strategies, Employee Relations, HR Analytics, and other HR functions to provide solid counsel to assigned clients on a variety of complex issues.
- Provide strong client service orientation, with an ability to effectively respond to the concerns and day-to-day business needs of various clients in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage HR administrative transactions (i.e., job reclassifications, promotions, compensation assessments) for client groups.
- Serve as a super-user for PeopleSoft, Visier and other HR Systems.
- Understand and interpret HR policies, with the ability to provide guidance and appropriate recommendations to client groups.
- Assist assigned clients with identifying staffing issues, talent needs and trends and provide guidance around effective decision-making strategies, while driving the agency’s initiative around creating and maintaining a diverse workforce.
- Partner with EHRBP to lead ongoing talent review processes; assess and identify high performing/high potential leaders; ensure succession and development plans are in place.
- Partner with EHRBP in support of performance management programs, as well as complex employee relations issues.
- Analyze data and complex information from a wide range of sources (both internally and industry data) to inform decisions about Human Capital initiatives and programs.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in partnership with Business Unit managers in a day-to-day, operational, generalist Human Resources capacity.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Possess a broad HR background and expertise across a variety of functional areas including Performance Management, Organization Design and Development, Talent Planning and Development and Employee Relations.
- Ability to influence and drive results within Human Resources and the Business Unit.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and develop creative and innovative recommendations and decisions.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including experience interacting effectively with staff at all levels to achieve mutually desired outcomes.
- Experience prioritizing, managing and successfully completing multiple concurrent projects.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with experience creating spreadsheets and analyzing data for various employee reports in Excel.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.