This job posting is no longer active.
This position is based at the Port Authority Technical Center (PATC) in Jersey City, NJ and will require regular travel to Middlesex County Fire Academy in Sayreville, NJ along with going to our operating facilities (some of these locations are not easily accessible via public transportation). The ability to travel regularly to these other locations is required.
The successful candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule including periodic nights and weekends as the training schedule requires.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of the O & M Training Academy, the successful candidate will perform specific responsibilities, which include, but are not limited to:
Deliver and supervise initial and refresher training to Tunnels, Bridges & Terminals staff along with other O & M department staff in the following positions and others as needed:
- AET Supervisors
- Tunnel & Bridge Agents
- Security Guards
- Operations Staff
- Maintenance Staff
Serve as a subject-matter expert (SME), advisor and supervisory practitioner for O & M Training Academy (OMTA), Tunnels, Bridges and Terminals (TB&T) and other Department as needed.
- Liaison with all stakeholders to support programs.
- Collaborate with the OMTA and TB&T headquarters in the development of the training curriculum.
- Monitor schedules, deadlines and benchmarks to ensure programs are delivered on-time.
- Observe TBA, Security Guard and any other Training delivered by the OMTA.
- Collaborate with TB&T headquarters to refine schedules and maintain program guidelines.
- Deliver FS training to compliment TBA and Security Guard Training delivered by the OMTA
- Serve as SME for the field curriculum delivery.
- Develop criteria for back-up FS trainer/coordinator.
- Coordinate the timely and quality completion of ongoing field paperwork and ensure reports are distributed to the appropriate people.
- Collaborate with the OMTA to make necessary adjustments and refinements to training and development aspects of the programs and keep all parties up to date on how the programs are progressing.
- Teach and mentor trainees in all relevant aspects of the jobs.
- Complete regular performance evaluation forms for trainees.
- Meet with facility management to provide summary of trainee’s performance.
- Provide standard training, training on new equipment and updated protocols.
- Develop and update course materials for classroom lectures and hands-on field exercises.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be eligible for this posiiton:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess an Associate Degree, the completion of 60 college credits from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience
- Must be an Instructor Level 1 and Firefighter certified through the State of New Jersey Department of Community Affairs Division of Fire and Safety.
- Must be able to obtain a Class A Commercial Drivers License within the first year of employment.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of technical training. Previous experience should include the ability to conduct needs analysis, curriculum design, program development and training program delivery & evaluation to ensure consistency with the needs of our clients.
The ideal candidate will present the following qualifications profile:
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of facility operations.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Experience in General Transportation Operations.
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with hand tools and basic maintenance knowledge.
- Instructor Level 2 certified through the State of New Jersey Department of Community Affairs Division of Fire and Safety.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.