This job posting is no longer active.
TITLE: Assistant Manager Airport Maintenance
DIVISION: Physical Plant & Redevelopment (Maintenance)
LOCATION: LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
The successful candidate must be able to pass a Criminal History Records Check to obtain and/or maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) access. SIDA access and airfield driving, and escort privileges also require SIDA training and successful completion of a SIDA test. The incumbent will be working in an intense operating environment and must be prepared to respond to airport emergencies on a 24/7 basis.
Reporting to the Manager, Airport Maintenance (LGA), the successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks including:
- Supporting the day-to-day operation for LGA’s six individual Maintenance units
- Identify, assess and facilitate airport maintenance priorities
- Coordinate work efforts with other airport units/tenants
- Advise/direct senior maintenance field supervisors in the Electrical, Mechanical, Structural, Environmental and Contract Services Units in a wide range of labor, performance, financial, planning, training and administrative activities
- Assist with oversight, development and management of contracts as well as supporting procurement procedures and authorization processes including authorization documents, assist with the coordination of maintenance activities during snow, assist in the development and oversight of all Maintenance budgets
- Support with union agreements, employee discipline and grievance procedures
- Effective and proper compliance with PA administrative policies and procedures;
- Utilization of SAP for bill payments and approvals; and continue to support, as necessary, the Agency’s EAM program
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Architecture, Aviation Administration, Airport Management, or related field
- Experience managing performance and day to day operations of a large team
- Knowledge of processes and procedures related to procurement, budgeting, contract development and administration, recruitment, or business planning
- Experience in collaborative working relationships with senior leadership within and outside the Port Authority, to include airlines, tenants, third party contractors, or vendors
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience in maintenance facility operations
- Ability to supervise in a union environment at an operating facility
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and analyze financial data and other management reporting tools
- Demonstrated ability to devise and implement innovative and creative solutions to complex problems and issues.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with diverse groups such as tenants, contractors, regulatory and government officials
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under volatile/emergency conditions and situations.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and CAD computer systems
- Familiarity with airline industry business and operating practices
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.