This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the Manager of E-ZPass Finance and Traffic Analytics, the selected candidate will be responsible for the traffic and toll revenue forecasting process for the Tunnels, Bridges and Terminals Department (TB&T), with responsibilities also including short term and historical traffic analysis and trending.
The successful candidate will work closely with the TB&T E-ZPass Unit, as well as entities outside of the department such as Planning, Office of Financial Planning and the Management & Budget Department. The individual will be engaged in the following:
- Traffic Performance Monitoring and Analysis:
- Conduct timely self-driven, hourly/daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual analysis and reporting of traffic and toll revenue for staff and executive level.
- Detailed analysis must identify shifts in travel pattern such as time of day, vehicle type, facility choice and mode shift along with hypotheses for said shifts.
- Candidate must be comfortable adapting and constantly innovating all reporting and analysis to improve comprehension and ease of use. Develop detailed Spring and Fall typical day traffic distribution at each facility.
- Perform special impact analysis relevant to traffic and toll revenue.
- Provide holiday traffic volume estimates for inclusion in Press Releases issued by Media Relations.
- Respond to requests for traffic data within PA and externally.
- Provide the main source of analysis in all internal and external inquiries.
- Transportation Information Resources:
- Using SQL queries, download traffic data from RTCS (toll collection system) for performance analyses and measuring.
- Candidate will be expected to know/learn basic SQL coding in order to edit scripts as needed.
- Traffic data must be vetted to ensure accuracy and monitored to check for system-based issues. Any abnormalities must be raised with Manager. Downloaded traffic data should be maintained in various methods such as Excel and Access.
- Traffic and Toll Revenue Forecast, Reporting and Policy
- Develop and update TB&T’s toll revenue forecasting models (Long Range Forecast) used for a 20-year planning horizon.
- Models are based in excel and use complex equations.
- Candidate should be willing and able to make innovations to the model as necessary. Produce accurate and timely revenue forecast submissions on a quarterly basis based on traffic forecasts.
- Work with Planning, TB&T staff and other relevant parties to streamline and improve the long-range forecast.
- Assess variances in actual revenues as compared to plan based on an analysis of recent economic trends.
- Work on projects such as tolling policy and congestion pricing to provide insightful analysis to executive management.
- Monitor, report on and forecast E-ZPass Market Share (E-ZPass adoption).
- Estimate monthly toll revenue for the six Port Authority vehicular crossings between New York and New Jersey. The estimates are adopted as accruals in the monthly TB&T Budget Performance Report prepared by Revenue Accounting. Report detailed variance by revenue source, E-ZPass participation rates, revenue by facility and average toll by vehicle type.
- Develop ad-hoc analysis, reports, and presentations; prepare responses to internal and external inquiries from upper management and executive staff.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Data Science, Planning, Business / Public Administration, Operations Research, Finance, and/or Economics or related fields from an accredited college or university.
- Must have three or more years of related experience which should include performing data analytics, database management, research, gathering data, and providing resource and funding recommendations.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills and the ability to identify multi-disciplined issues and recommend solutions/alternatives.
- Demonstrated advance knowledge of Excel, Access (Any database management programs), Power BI (or Tableau).
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Data Science, Planning, Business / Public Administration, Operations Research, Finance, and/or Economics or related fields from an accredited college or university.
- Ability to perform financial evaluations and summarize results for non-financial staff with demonstrated ability to interpret and communicate complex information accurately and clearly.
- Ability to interact with internal and external staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and projects with competing time constraints.
- PC proficiency with experience in Microsoft Office applications, with strong experiences in Excel, Access, Power BI, Word and PowerPoint.
- Possess excellent written and oral communications skills
- Possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, as required.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.