This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the Director of the Operations Services Department (OSD) and serving as the team lead for the Senior Policy Analyst and Senior Data Scientist positions, the Supervising Business Analyst is a crucial member of OSD’s Director’s Office. Firstly, the Supervising Business Analyst’s responsibilities involve implementing and maintaining process improving digital transformation of OSD business practices. Secondly, the role is responsible for promoting data-driven decision making by overseeing the establishment, dissemination and maintenance of interactive data analytics dashboards and the data streams that support them via the OSD Data Analytics Warehouse (OSD DAW), as well as weekly and quarterly reporting.
When it comes to digital transformation, the Supervising Business Analyst works with the Senior Policy Analyst to guide, develop, document and maintain technology solutions. This runs from larger scale programs such as the Enterprise Asset Management (Maximo) implementation, to more directly building OSD specific solutions using Office 365 tools. When it comes to data-driven decision making, the Supervising Business Analyst works with the Senior Data Scientist to develop OSD DAW Azure Synapse workspace data pipelines to ingest and feed data into web-based Power BI dashboards for key performance indicators (KPIs).
Specific job duties include, but are not limited to:
OSD Policy and Process Improvement Digitization
- Serve as the primary policy advisor to the Director on technology planning and delivery of products and systems
- Guide and where need directly assist in the building of technology solutions with the Office 365 tools available in the Agency, including revisiting previous solutions for continuous improvement
- Creation of SharePoint subsites, lists and libraries, MS forms, and MS PowerApps
- Use of OSD service account for Power Automate flows and/or Infowise actions and alerts for workflow and process automation
- Creation of documentation of solution, components and workflow
- Training of endusers in use of new and updated tools
- Working with divisional point people for future maintenance of permissions/roles when staff are hired and/or transfer
- Periodic re-evaluation of the digital landscape and existent solutions for potential areas of continuous improvement
- For external and vendor provided solutions, coordinate with other Agency departments (ex. Procurement, TEC, Engineering) to ensure timely implementation of new product deployments and modifications according to schedules
- Assist in establishing end-user functionality and reporting needs, as well as future improvements and milestones where appropriate
- Assist in determining budget requirements for procurement as well as long term maintenance
- Assist in procurement and deployment phases for duration of the portfolio of projects
- Capacity planning requirements from both an infrastructure and personnel perspective
Data Warehousing and Data Analytics Dashboarding
- Work with Director and Senior Data Scientist to develop strategic plan and annual goals for initial and subsequent Azure Synapse data streams.
- Work with Senior Data Scientist to develop and garner end-user feedback on Power BI dashboards, KPIs and desired metrics.
- Coordinate with Senior Data Scientist the dissemination of first phase of finalized dashboards via Power BI online workspaces.
- Establish quarterly metrics now and in future based on process and system improvements and document an easy means for regular reporting.
- Ensure quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC), collection and maintenance of metadata, and data governance guidelines adherence for data warehouse data streams in accordance with industry standards
- Regularly report on data warehouse and dashboard/analytics development and post dashboard dissemination impacts
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Public Policy, Transportation Planning, or another related field
- Knowledge of office 365 tools used in code-lite solution development, including SharePoint/Microsoft Lists, Microsoft Forms, Miscrosoft Apps and Power Automate
- Knowledge of data science or computer programming with R, Python, Scala, SQL, or other relevant programming languages
- 1-3 years of practical or professional experience supervising one or more staff members
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical results and concepts to key decision makers
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Goal-oriented, organized team player comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Public Policy, Transportation Planning, or another related field
- Any industry experience building solutions using Office 365 tools (Power Automate, SharePoint Lists, SharePoint Document Sets, Microsoft Power Apps, Microsoft Forms, or InfoWise)
- Any industry experience in both public policy and data science using R, Python, Stata, SQL or other relevant programming languages
- Experience working in government or the public sector
- Knowledge of logistic and linear regressions, decision tree analysis, and statistical methods
- Knowledge of tools and techniques in machine learning and predictive modeling
- Demonstrated ability to plan and schedule work activities to ensure that priorities are maintained, and projects are completed accurately and on time
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.