Job Title: Senior Engineer
Location:4 World Trade Center
This Engineering Design-Civil group is primarily responsible for providing conceptual and final design services across a diverse portfolio of Port Authority facilities, including airports, ports, tunnels, bridges, and rail infrastructure. The selected candidate will handle a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to the following:
- Provide quality engineering design services that conform to applicable design standards, guidelines, and codes. Typical areas of design include airfields, utilities, stormwater management, rail, pavements, and site design.
- Prepare reports and contract documents consisting of drawings, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Produce biddable and constructible contract drawings meeting defined scope.
- Coordinate multi-discipline projects or studies on select projects while serving as a “Lead Engineer”.
- Prepare the civil engineering scope of work and budget for projects or studies.
- Provide guidance and direction to junior staff in engineering design approach and civil infrastructure.
- Perform site inspections at the Authority’s facilities.
- Participate in and/or conduct meetings.
- Prepare RFP scope of work and independent staff cost estimate for professional engineering services to be performed by external consultants. Critically review consultant proposals, negotiate cost, and ensure schedule/budget compliance.
- Audit consultant engineering studies, designs, and contract documents.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the State of New York or State of New Jersey.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited engineering college or university.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of engineering design on the civil infrastructure noted above.
- Valid driver's license or ability to obtain a driver’s license upon hiring.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Proficiency with AutoCad and Civil 3D software application.
- Working knowledge of guidelines and standards such as, but not limited to, FAA circulars, AASHTO and AREMA.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, decision making, negotiations and conflict resolution skills to effectively reach sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Proven ability to lead, manage, and prioritize multiple assignments with multiple disciplines.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently and prioritize as required.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of software applications Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.