This job posting is no longer active.
TITLE: Senior Financial Analyst, Aviation Financial Services, LGA
DIVISION: Aviation Financial Services
LOCATION: LaGuardia (LGA)
The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is seeking an analyst within the financial services unit.
In this role you will work under the supervision of the Finance Manager to gather, analyze, and report information from internal aviation stakeholders, other departments, and external stakeholders including the FAA and our airline partners to provide an accurate depiction of the current and future financial status of the department.
Under the direction of the Finance Manager, the analyst is responsible for the following:
- Prepare and analyze the monthly operating results for the Aviation Central Office units in addition to assisting in the consolidation of the Department-wide results. Consolidate and update reports with explanations and estimates.
- Prepare and support in the preparation of monthly variance analyses on Aviation Facilities and Corporate Units.
- Contribute to strategic planning and reporting initiatives, including annual business planning, quarterly department operating performance reporting for Agency executive staff, monthly dashboards, enterprise risk management, and facility/unit dashboard development.
- Prepare financial and cost benefit analysis in support of the Board/PRMJ authorization process and assisting with internal and external audits (as needed).
- Aid in the development and consolidation of the annual aviation budget and monthly revenue and expense forecasts to support the operation and maintenance of aviation facilities.
- Assist in the forecasting of flight fee revenues associated with capital plan investments.
- Support the Department’s long-term forecasting efforts including the long-term revenue and expense forecasts, the Capital Revenue forecast, and the Capital Project Settlement forecasts.
- Support finance manager with financial modeling and forecasting, including but not limited to the operating results and the long-range forecast, on an as-needed basis.
- Various ad hoc analyses and reporting.
- Successful candidate will need to be able to travel to various Aviation Facilities, upon assignment.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a financial discipline or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance, budgeting, or business where you have:
- Knowledge of business and financial transactions and experience with budget and variance analysis.
- Knowledge of accounting, budget and financial policies and procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience MS Office products and knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including strong demonstrated experience utilizing advanced functions:
- Utilizing and analyzing multidimensional datasets.
- Experience with general ledger system such as SAP, Oracle, or PeopleSoft (or related).
- Experience communicating complex financial information to non-financial audiences regarding long-range forecasting, cost-benefit analysis, and outcome of financial models that you have produced.
- Available for occasional travel to World Trade Center office (as needed).
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Familiarity with advanced analytical tools and programs including visualization and database management tools like PowerBi.
- Experience with accounting and financial structures in a government agency setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, establish plans, set priorities, coordinate with staff at all levels, manage time and prioritize assignments with competing deadlines.
- Knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.