This job posting is no longer active.
The Administrator supports the Airport General Manager’s Office in the advancement of the Aviation Department’s agenda and strategic priorities by providing a wide range of business and administrative support. The General Manager’s (GM) Office is a fast paced, and detail-oriented environment, requiring a high level of professionalism, flexibility and coordination.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the Principal Business Manager in managing the business and administrative operations of the airport, and providing guidance, direction, and support to all clerical staff at the airport, ensuring consistency in the support of the airport’s executive staff and administration of the operations and maintenance workforces.
- Oversee the human resources, administrative, and timekeeping functions under the direction of the Principal Business Manager.
- Manage the travel, petty cash, and expense processes for JFK.
- Coordinate travel authorization documents, expense documents including petty cash and ProCard statements, preparing and reviewing of documents for signature
- Oversee the processing of vendor payments using SAP
- Serve as Back up Technology Coordinator for JFK Airport, ensuring the technology and equipment needs of all units are met
- Serve as Business Continuity Coordinator for JFK Airport
- Serve as Back Up Authorized Signatory for airport staff requiring Airport Security Identification cards (SIDA)
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- At least 3 years of experience in business, human resources, or administrative functions
- Demonstrated experience with PC-based applications such as Word, Excel
- Experience in researching Human Resource policies and procedures
- Knowledge of SAP
- Experience with Procard, and processing expense accounts
- Basic knowledge of processing travel request
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated ability to understand and implement Port Authority policies and procedures
- Experience working with Unions
- Extensive working knowledge of SAP
- Ability to work independently, prioritize assignments and handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with staff at all levels
- both within and outside the Port Authority.
- Demonstrated experience with PC-based, ADTRAV travel, and or, PeopleSoft
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.