This job posting is no longer active.
TITLE:Supervisor, Transportation Services
DIVISION: Airport Operations
Successful candidate must be able to pass a fingerprint-based, Criminal History Records Check (CHRC), mandated by 49 CFR Part 1542, and will be required to qualify for and maintain an airport Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) credential with Airfield Non-Movement Area Driving and Escort Privileges.
Under the direction of the Manager, Landside Operations and Customer Service, the selected candidate will be responsible for managing contracts and business relationships that provide ground transportation and customer service operations at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK). The position works closely with Airport Operations Field Supervisors, airlines, terminal operators, federal and state agencies, and several other PA units to meet and exceed airport and customer needs and requirements. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing one or more ground transportation contracts within the JFK Landside Operations units. Upon hiring of the successful candidate, contract administrator duties will be assigned based on the discretion of the Manager, Landside Operations and Customer Service. These contracts may include taxi dispatch, on-airport towing, on-airport bus, airport parking, and revenue control system.
- Managing one or more customer service contracts within the JFK Landside Operations units. Upon hiring of the successful candidate, contract administrator duties will be assigned based on the discretion of the Manager, Landside Operations and Customer Service. These contracts may include customer care representatives, homeless outreach, and temporary restroom facilities.
- Managing several administrative contracts and service agreements within the JFK Landside Operations units. Upon hiring of the successful candidate, contract administrator duties will be assigned based on the discretion of the Manager, Landside Operations and Customer Service. These contracts may include Jamaica Station, on-airport fueling, other equipment management, and other on-airport information systems.
- Overseeing the procurement and maintenance of JFK equipment and vehicles related to ground transportation and customer service systems. This includes vehicles, service facilities, equipment, and information systems.
- Developing operating plans for emergency bus service and contingency busing for light rail disruptions; addressing internal audit findings and seeking best practices to optimize operational efficiencies.
- Coordinating among airport stakeholders the improvements and repairs on all landside roadways, including signage, lighting and marking issues; and working collaboratively to resolve roadway and traffic congestion issues;
- Coordinating major landside construction projects with other Port Authority Divisions, external agencies and the airport community, seeking to minimize impacts to tenants and customers;
- Developing ground transportation construction bulletins, emergency plans and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) related to inclement weather, irregular operations, and daily operational procedures;
- Preparing administrative, planning, and authorization documents related to coordination of special events, correspondence letters, contract performance reports, ground transportation operations bulletins, unit expense budgets and variance reports, and Policy Review Memorandum Justification (PRMJ) and Agenda Items; and
- Supervising Field Supervisory (FS) staff, ensuring that their performance and professional development align with Department standards.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in operations, transportation, business, or management
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in transportation and or operations
- Demonstrated experience overseeing a large and diverse workforce, including unionized staff and service contractors
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Must be able to report to the airport immediately for emergencies, inclement weather, and irregular operation, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. At least 25% of time will be off shift hours as needed and at varied times.
DESIRED: Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management, Aeronautical Science, Business Administration, Transportation, Supply Logistics or related field.
- Demonstrated experience with, and knowledge of, Port Authority and Aviation operating policies and procedures, including those related to administration, budgeting, staffing, contract development and management and Port Authority procurement methods.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with diverse groups, such as Port Authority and external senior management, tenants, contractors, vendors, and government, community and industry officials.
- Demonstrated experience in negotiations and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Proven knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, ScheduleSoft and SAP.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.