This job posting is no longer active.
The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is seeking a high energy leader who demonstrates strong communication, planning and execution skills with a passion for excellence and understanding of the importance of ground transportation and parking on the airport passenger and visitor experience.
Reporting to the Concession Manager, the Senior Agreement and Contract Coordinator will play an integral part of the Concession and Strategic Customers. The Agreement and Contract Coordinator will be responsible for administration and management of several significant and essential contracts and agreements at our airports – Concession agreements EWR, LGA, SWF and JFK including lease, sublease and consent to sublease and various contracts including customer experience pilots. Coordination and administration of the contracts/agreements involves understanding the business objectives and facility needs and being able to manage the planning and execution of these essential services as well as revenue reporting. The selected candidate will contribute to elevating the customer experience by driving change that is in-line with global best practices in Concession and Strategic Customer Experience.
- Support and manage and administer contracts/agreements that involve Concessions (retail, food/beverage, services), including planning and budgeting, and preparation of procurement (requests for proposals) and authorization documents.
- Assist in monitoring contractor performance, including the reporting and status of contractor deliverables and compliance with contract requirements and airport rules and regulations.
- Responsible for keeping agreements current and implement agreements for new tenant.
- Manage and ensure tenant reporting and payment compliance.
- Negotiate terms and conditions that optimize revenues and employ innovative opportunities to improve the service experience for all users and analyze and mitigate risks as needed.
- Prepare contract briefs and revisions summarizing contractual requirements and related financials.
- Maintain detailed and organized files for each contract/agreement which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules, and activity and revenue reports.
- Prepare and disseminate information to appropriate employees regarding contract/agreement status; facilitate contractor and facility meetings.
- Work with cross functional project teams and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and decision-makers including, Port Authority Law Department, ground transportation service providers, parking management service providers and state and local government agencies.
- Prepare and coordinate contract documents (RFPs, bids) and authorization documents for new and existing contracts/agreements.
- Collect and input airport statistics on gross sales, tenant information’s, square footage and employments for Annual Industry request i.e. Airport Experience News, ACI Benchmarking Survey etc.
- Filter and review Concession Industry request for forward to appropriate concession staff for response before deadline.
- Coordinate with Terminal Operators and Concession Management Companies to ensure ACI Benchmark Concession Information is collected and submitted timely.
- Assist to filter and responds to over 100 public/Port Authority inquiries per month regarding concession opportunities.
- Keep abreast of trends across the Concession Retail industry through market research analysis.
- Assist in management and oversight of Port Authority and contract staff as well as details of the work unit’s functions and budget.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Planning, Public Administration, or related field from an accredited college or university
- At least three (3) years of work experience in contract administration or related field business field.
- Experience command of accounting systems (such as SAP or related) and procurement and authorization procedures.
- Experience with reviewing trends and making recommendation as needed
- Strong attention to detail with ability to notice errors without getting lost in the detail.
- Experience managing and completing multiple project deliverables with all levels of internal and external stakeholders’ priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution experience.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Planning, Engineering, Public Administration, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Working knowledge of airport terminals operations.
- Knowledge of customer service and customer communication programs in any transportation-related environment, or equivalent consumer volume.
- Five (5) years of work experience in contract administration or related field business field.
- Strong command of Port Authority systems (SAP, BudgetPro, etc.) and procurement and authorization procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of procurement processes and experience in preparing, negotiating, and managing multiple service contracts and programs.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.