The Human Resources Department is looking for an Employee Relations Representative
to join their team! Working under the direction of the Senior Employee Relations Executive, you will be responsible for a wide range of duties in support of the agency’s employee relations function. The Human Resources Department is looking for an Employee Relations Representative to join their team! Working under the direction of the Senior Employee Relations Executive, you will be responsible for a wide range of duties in support of the agency’s employee relations function.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing assistance in employee relations related matters and assisting in analyzing data;
- Investigating and responding to internal and external complaints/inquiries;
- Resolving medium to highly complex employee relations matters by conducting prompt, thorough fact finding and providing independent counseling and viable solutions to business leaders and employees;
- Resolving performance issues that impact overall departmental performance;
- Resolving business unit conduct and employee engagement issues;
- Supporting the alternate placement process;
- Delivering new HR change management initiatives, programs and processes;
- Assisting in the interpretation of human resources policies and procedures;
- Maintaining an electronic employee relations tracking system;
- Special projects and other related duties as assigned.
- This position is located at 2 Montgomery Street, Jersey City, New Jersey but may require travel to Port Authority facilities in New York and New Jersey.Note
- Candidates who have relatives that are Port Authority or PATH employees that are represented for collective bargaining cannot be considered for this position.Note -
This is a long term, contract position eligible for benefits.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Labor Relations or a related field or equivalent experience
- Must possess a minimum of two years of progressive HR experience in employee/labor relations.
- Must be able to travel to Port Authority facilities
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain good working relationships and effectively interact with all levels of Port Authority staff and external parties.
- Proven ability to mediate and facilitate conflict resolution across diverse clients in order to maximize organizational effectiveness.
- Demonstrated strengths in listening, fact-finding, exploratory skills and problem solving.
- Ability to uncover additional information in an effort to bring situations to resolution.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to identify existing and potential issues and concerns, as well as the ability to exercise good judgment and arrive at sound conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion, as well as maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and consult at various levels within the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively in a fast paced environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.