Reporting to Manager of Business Solutions, the Corporate Communications and Strategy Analyst will be the lead person to review, revise, and prepare executive-level documents and correspondence. With a focus on departmental goals, accomplishments, and needs. This position will also work in tandem with the Executive Policy Analyst and serve as the primary back-up to the board authorization process, as well as a select portfolio of authorization items as they move from review, approval, and final execution. This position will take on other related duties as needed.
- Develop an overall strategy for internal /external communications that align with the department’s various units and facilities to ensure continuity.
- Edit, issue department-wide communications, such as staff newsletters/announcements and customer service correspondence, Executive Director weekly report, and staff anniversary recognition letters.
- Manage and finalize documents prepared for agency-wide dissemination, i.e. department’s yearly budget memo, TB&T information materials such as the capital plan, bond disclosure statements, etc.
- Oversee a portfolio of authorization items, helping staff to develop the high-quality draft items incorporating feedback from concurring departments to successfully move through the authorization process.
- Identify, develop, and implement processes across the department.
- Take on special projects and assignments as required.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Communications, Business, Public Administration, or related field or 7 years’ experience in increasingly responsible administrative roles
- Exceptional written, oral communication and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- Progressively responsible experience in preparing and executing communications strategies and preparing communications documents.
The ideal candidate will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, detail oriented, establish plans, set priorities, coordinate activities with staff at all levels, manage time, and prioritize multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
- Solid interpersonal skills to collaborate with staff at all levels and within supporting departments.
- Demonstrated proficiency in effectively persuading, influencing, and negotiating with individuals at various levels of the organization to achieve desired outcomes.
- Proven ability to identify problems, assess the accuracy and relevance of information, use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, develop consensus, and make recommendations.
- Capacity to learn and understand and adapt to new concepts and ideas as well as develop these new views into projects that can help the department conduct its business in the most efficient and effective manner.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.