Description Job Description
- Under the direction of the General Manager, Customer Service, the Assistant General Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and support of IT asset management, workstation management and the IT Service Desk. The selected candidate will direct and supervise support staff and working collaboratively with technical leads and project managers from multiple disciplines within the agency in the delivery and support of IT initiatives.
Responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
- Manage daily operations and teams to ensure contract adherence, service level attainment, reporting requirements, and outstanding client issues are handled satisfaction.
- Manage Customer Service staffing including supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
- Contribute to escalated problem resolution with hands-on support when necessary.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of Hardware Asset Management protocols and procedures.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of Software Asset Management protocols and procedures.
- Ensure software license compliance by producing reports for TEC managed Agency Software and coordinate all audit response activity related to Enterprise Software Compliance.
- Review and modify, if necessary, all Work Order Requests issued by the Customer Services and apprise clients of delivery dates.
- Approve purchase of equipment, supplies Service, and services to meet operational requirements of the business.
- Validate, attest, and concur all invoices prior to submittal for payment.
- Create and maintain daily/weekly/monthly management and operational reports.
- Forecast and budget for annual Agency computer device refresh and desktop software.
- Coordinate and manage the asset management lifecycle to ensure the currency of our computer hardware. Annually refresh all aging out of warranty standard PC’s, Workstations, and Laptops.
- Monitor and maintain computer inventory for the agency to ensure computer equipment is available to meet demand. Set inventory levels and order equipment as needed.
- Through ServiceNow, track agency wide computer assets and develop and provide IT coordinator reports to the various departments to validate the computer equipment each department is responsible for.
- Work closely with current vendor in the coordination, review, and deployment of desktop security patches and ensure the contractual service level agreement for patching is met.
- Manage the patching process to ensure minimal deployment issues.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred, or
- Five or more years in progressively responsible experience in IT service management, with three years of direct supervisory experience in the last five years.
- Experience working with computer desktop packages such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with IT Service Management system such as ServiceNow.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with information systems practices such as ITIL.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, establish plans, set priorities, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Accustomed to and thrives in a deadline driven environment.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.