Reporting to the Director of Project Management Office, the selected candidate will oversee the development, management and oversight of the Agency’s Capital Plan and annual Capital budget as well as the supervision and oversight of the Capital Planning functions that support the development, management, and delivery of projects throughout the Agency. The roles and responsibilities for this position include the direct supervision and management of permanent staff as well as oversight of consultant staff. This position’s duties also include monitoring of the Unit’s yearly Budget.
- Capital Planning:
- Coordinate the development of the Agency’s Capital Plan and annual Capital budget to meet the Agency’s strategic objectives and priorities, consistent with financial covenants
- Perform biannual review and updates to the Agency’s Capital Plan consistent with prioritization and capacity availability.
- Provide timely and actionable information and analysis to executive leadership to enable critical decision making related to the Agency’s Capital Plan.
- Work with the Line and Staff Departments to:
- Ensure the continued implementation of capital projects in accordance with the prioritization and evaluation criteria.
- Collaborate on the integration of capital planning and analysis activities.
- Coordinate annual capital Budgeting process
- Supervise the Capital Program Oversight Committee (CPOC) Project Gate Review process.
- Support efforts associated with the alignment of the project control systems to ensure compliance with the Capital planning needs.
- Capital Program Oversight:
- Oversee the performance of program/project performance analysis, including monthly, quarterly and yearly reporting
- Oversee review of all Memorandum of Justifications and Board Items to ensure compliance with the Capital Plan
- Administration and Resource Management:
- Provide management and oversight of administrative tasks within the unit, including development and monitoring of the yearly Budget as well as the integration and coordination of staff and resources.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- In-depth knowledge of project planning and management best practices
- 10 years of project planning or management
- Experience should include work on program/projects of varying size and complexity.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Clear understanding of cross-departmental interrelationships.
- Experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups, project teams and internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated superior analytical, problem solving, decision-making, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership qualities in the guidance of team efforts to deliver the project objectives.
- Experience coordinating and implementing policies, standards, processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Excellent organizational and communication (oral and written) skills with the ability to present technical information to management and stakeholders.
- Proficiency with Port Authority project-related systems such as the Integrated Capital Management System (ICMS).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.