TITLE: Supervisor, Terminal B Services & Contract Management, EWR
LOCATION: EWR Airport – Terminal B
Reporting to the Manager, Terminal Services (Newark Liberty International Airport), the Supervisor, Terminal Services & Contract Management is responsible for performing a wide range of operational, financial and management duties, including but not limited to: identifying opportunities to improve Terminal B operational processes and functions, supporting all terminal operations including airline stakeholder engagement, snow removal, and emergency response 24 hours a day, seven days a week, as well as maintaining a dedicated focus on delivering world-class customer experience levels across all elements of the passenger journey.
- Responsible for the annual budgeting process including monthly reporting, accruals, annual budgeting, and justification.
- Contract Administrator for Baggage Handler, Biometric and Scale contracts.
- Manages and tracks all facets of the Biometric Exit System in accordance with DHS CBP compliance requirements.
- Manages overtime (Review, Sign Off, Reporting, Planning) – tracks end of month petty cash close out.
- Responsible for data visualization of operational metrics.
- Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis of daily operational reports, logs, and databases at daily, monthly, and quarterly intervals
- Develops and implements operational policies, procedures and performance standards that maximize facility resources and deliver the highest levels of customer service.
- Completes ongoing analysis of the financials and Airport Service Quality (ASQ) goal and attributes
- Owns and Manages the Terminal Emergency Plan and Operations Plan
- Supports Winter Operations with planning and Field Staff (FS) engagement.
- Engages with airlines, stakeholders, Governmental Agencies, and internal PA operating units to review/analyze customer service expectations and deliverables.
- Assist in managing and delivering ongoing strategic projects, technology pilots, and key initiatives focused on Airport Service Quality (ASQ) objectives the Airport Digital Transformation (ADT).
- Responsible for championing Terminal B’s Strategic Objectives including Team Development, Fiscal Responsibility, World Class Service Levels, and Operational Excellence
- Develop reporting and dashboard templates for: presenting daily operational information, perform predictive passenger and flight volume planning & analysis, and enable data-driven decision making across the Terminal.
- Works with represented and non-represented staff across EWR airport work units to maximize Terminal efficiencies based on data collection and analysis.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of processes and procedures related to procurement, budgeting, and contract development and
- Experience with managing multiple on-going service contracts, airport terminals or transportation logistics
- Competency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint computer applications where you have
Created, manipulated data, reports, forecasting or presentations
- Must be able to respond to terminal emergencies, including snow events, etc., 24hrs a day / 7 days a week
- Must be able to pass fingerprint-based Criminal History Record Check as mandated by 49 CFR 1542 and required to obtain and maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) card and airfield driving privileges
- Valid driver’s license
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management, Transportation, Project Management or Engineering
- Prior Aviation terminal experience at commercial airports
- Experience administering and managing service contracts at both single and multi-facility contract levels
- Experience in a transportation operations environment
- Experience overseeing a diverse workforce, such as unionized staff or service contractors
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with diverse
groups, such as Port Authority and external senior management, tenants, contractors, vendors, and
government, community, and industry officials
- Ability to work independently, to prioritize concurrent assignments and to manage time effectively
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.