This job posting is no longer active.
The Technology Department delivers effective, sustainable solutions and support to the Port Authority and is knowledgeable, proactive, and responsive to the Port Authority's current and future technology needs. The mission of the Technology Department is to provide quality and dependable technology services that enable the Agency to achieve its goals and mission.
The Technology Department is seeking a Capital Project Manager – Network Infrastructure to join their team! Under the supervision of the Manager of Network Infrastructure, the Capital Project Manager – Network Infrastructure will support a multi-faceted dynamic network environment; provide subject matter expertise in routing/switching as well as supporting line departments within the agency; possess a strong grasp of various network disciplines including routing/switching, wireless and network architectures; support the research of emerging technologies and industry best practices as well as project management life cycle; guide technical projects from inception, to completion; and finally, manage ongoing support both internal and with the aid of establish contractors and subject matter experts.
- Plan, design and manage the installation of LAN/MAN/WAN/WLAN infrastructures
- Capture requirements, analyze technical networking issues and develop options and recommendations
- Research, analyze, plan and develop hardware and software requirements
- Lead project management activities for new system requirements, RFP responses, and new technology deployments
- Create and update network diagrams in MS Visio, and document processes/procedures
- Collaborate with line departments, end users, partners, and associates to resolve complex issues.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working with network communication hardware such as routers, switches and Wi-Fi infrastructure
- A strong grasp of LAN, WAN and Unified Communications architectures
- Strong understanding of IP
- Understanding of dynamic routing protocols such as: (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, BGP/MPLS)
- Understanding of multicast routing
- Must have hands-on technical network experience (LAN/WAN)
- Strong understanding of networking concepts (DHCP, VPN, subnetting, ACLs, VLANs, etc.)
- Knowledge of structured cable system design and implementations (IEEE Cat 6, single/multimode fiber, etc.)
- Ability to clearly communicate technical terms to non-technical audiences
- Ability to report to managements staff effectively and in a timely manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to document topology information using MS Visio
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Highly Motivated with ability to drive results
- Self-starter with high energy to meet the needs of a demanding business and IT environment
- Strong understanding of data center network environments
- Strong understanding and use of network management and scripting tools
- Review and audit security policies, firewall policies and when necessary to ensure compliance and inclusion of newly adopted technologies
- Understanding and experience deploying software defined networks (SDN)
- VoIP concepts
- Experience with troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark and TCP Dump
- Understanding of wireless technologies, data security and unified voice/video communication
- Current Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification or CCIE highly preferred
- Experience with Cisco Unified Wireless deployments
- Knowledge of fiber systems utilizing CWDM/DWDM Technologies
- Commitment to continuous learning of new technologies
- Ability to prioritize project tasks along with good time management skills
- Ability to participate as part of a high-performing team
- Proficient in Word/Excel/Visio
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) along with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- Willing to learn new technologies and security protocols and able to adapt to new challenges as they arise; address complex technical support issues and maintain focus during busy times
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.