Reporting to the Assistant Director, Project Delivery Services in the Project Management Office (PMO), the selected candidate will be responsible for management of the PMO consultant “Call-in” agreement programs and development and oversight of the PMO annual budget as well as critical PMO business management. The roles and responsibilities for this position also include the direct supervision of one permanent staff member as well as consultant staff. The selected candidate will work closely with the Director’s Office providing critical support in a broad range of areas to proactively identify challenges, potential areas of improvement and develop strategies to implement them, including, but not limited to:
- Management and oversight of the PMO’s consultant “Call-in” agreement programs from the RFP process phase through award of the programs and work with the multiple consultant firms to request proposal and award individual work orders.
- Partner with Finance departments, Procurement, Office of the Secretary, Office of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and Law to successfully manage the “Call-in” programs.
- Ensure the “Call-in” programs comply with the Agency’s MWBE performance goals.
- Manage the monthly invoicing s and accruals process to ensure timely payment of consultant invoices.
- Oversight of the training, security certification, as well as other associated agency requirements for both the call-in consultants and their respective firms
- Development and oversight of the PMO’s annual budget in accordance with MBD guidelines.
- Interface with the PMO leadership to manage the annual budget and develop and implement performance metrics
- Oversight of the PMO’s Business Continuity Plan
- Coordination with the Business Manager on staff support tasks such as timekeeping reporting and submittal of the PMO’s staff timesheets.
- Serve as Department Information Security Office (DISO)
- Management of PMO’s MWBE participation strategy and report the performance
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- 5 years of work experience in business or public administration
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated contract management experience
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise management staff, organize work, prioritize multiple concurrent assignments within strict deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrated superior analytical, problem solving, decision-making, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups, project teams and internal stakeholders.
- Recognized leadership qualities in the guidance of team efforts to deliver objectives.
- Experience coordinating and implementing policies, standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking capabilities and the ability to establish and manage critical priorities
- Proven experience in developing and implementing innovative strategies and solutions
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.