Reporting to the Assistant Director, Project Delivery Services in the Project Management Office (PMO), the selected candidate will be responsible for the overall supervision and management of the project controls functions associated with the development, management, and delivery of projects throughout the Agency. The roles and responsibilities for this position include the supervision of both permanent and consultant staff. This position is responsible for providing leadership and oversight of the staff that support the project cost and schedule management efforts, including the supervision of Project Controls Analyst (PCA) and Project Control Specialist (PCS) efforts associated with the development, update and monitoring of the project costs and schedules. This positions also supports the development and implementation of standardized project performance metric, processes, and procedures to monitor project progress and support project delivery as well as the alignment of the project control systems to ensure support and compliance with the Capital Planning needs and efforts.
- Oversee the monitoring and reporting efforts associated with the delivery of the Agency’s Capital plan
- Oversee the performance of risk assessments to support line departments in the establishment of project contingency for capital projects
- Implement project controls process and procedures, including project financial and schedule planning and forecasting as well as quality review
- Support the PMO Director in agency level analysis and executive reporting including preparation monthly executive summary and report for Senior Management.
- Develop and implement standardized project performance metric, processes, and procedures to monitor project costs and schedules
- Integrate, coordinate, and schedule all project controls resources
- Support the annual Capital budget development and oversight
- Manage the development and update the Construction Program Book
- Manage the development, update and monthly reporting associated with the Contract Award plan
- Ensure that the updates and maintenance of project control systems are performed with accuracy in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Project Control Specialist guide including integration of updated project schedule templates as necessary
- Manage the performance of the annual Project Manager (PM) workload analysis
- Ensure the timely monthly update of the project schedules in the Present and Plan Work (PPW) schedule management system as well as the project cost in the Integrated Capital Management system (ICMS) for all Capital & Operating projects
- Support the enhancement of the existing project status reporting system to provide alignment with the Capital plan
- Coordinate with Project Management Standards Manager to implement new project controls processes and procedures
- Coordinate with the Manager, Project Management Systems to enhance the project delivery reporting application
- Collaborate and coordinate with cross-functional/departments to streamline project controls processes with focus on on-time, on-budget and on-plan project delivery
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, architecture, or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- In-depth knowledge of project management and project controls best practices
- 10 years of project management experience
- Experience should include work on project controls and/or management of projects of varying size and complexity.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Knowledge of project management processes and procedures as well as clear understanding of cross-departmental interrelationships
- Experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups, project teams and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, decision-making, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Recognized leadership qualities in the guidance of team efforts to deliver the project objectives.
- Experience coordinating and implementing policies, standards, processes, procedures and guidelines.
- Excellent organizational and communication (oral and written) skills with the ability to present technical information to management and stakeholders
- Proficiency with project delivery-related systems such as the Integrated Capital Management System (ICMS), Primavera, the Project Delivery Proposal System (PDPS), and WinTrak (Contract Management System)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Visio
- Proficiency in Oracle Primavera system (P6), which is a project management tool for scheduling and risk analysis
- Project Management Certification (PMP) from the Project Management Institute
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.