This job posting is no longer active.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey offers paid internships to students that provide the opportunity to work with knowledgeable and experienced professionals on assignments critical to operating, maintaining, and expanding the transportation infrastructure for one of the greatest economies in the world. Assignments include hands-on projects to cultivate technical, writing, communication, and team-building skills. The diversity of our businesses creates a variety of opportunities for students to gain exposure to the work of a first-class public agency.
The Human Resources Department is looking for an intern to join their HR Operations Compensation team! Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Updating and maintaining the position packet classification process both electronically and hardcopy files
- Assisting in analyses of varying complexity on compensation matters using Excel and data gathered through PeopleSoft reports and queries
- Conducting internet research and gather information from external reference sources on various topics for benchmarking or other special projects
- Assisting in the review, analysis and completion of compensation surveys pertaining to salary and benefit information
- Handling administrative tasks such as maintaining internal logs, files, copying and distributing materials
- Performing other duties as assigned
About the Compensation Division:
Compensation designs and provides the agency with a compensation structure that meets their most important needs when it comes to salary and career growth. Our program works to accomplish the following things:
- Ensure competitive pay opportunities for staff.
- Give employees diverse opportunities for promotions, career development, and mobility.
- Foster a culture in which employees have the resources and guidance to identify the skills and competencies they need to be successful in their current role, as well as in their next one.
- Recognize growth in our employees' contributions and impacts.
- Candidates must be students enrolled in a graduate program returning to their program during the Fall 2023 semester.
- We are seeking interns who are talented, driven, and have a genuine interest in contributing to the success of the New York/New Jersey region.
- We welcome applications from a diverse range of majors/minors.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters with excellent communication, research, and applicable technical skills.
- Human Resources Management, Finance, Accounting or related major
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Possess resilience sense of urgency and ability to handle challenging situation well
- Strong analytical skills Insert desired skills in bullet format
- The duration is expected to be approximately 12 weeks, starting in the beginning of June 2023
- This internship will require work 5 days/week at 7.25 hours/day
- The format is expected to be hybrid, partially in-person and partially virtual
- These details are subject to change
The application deadline is Monday, February 6 by 5:00 PM EST.
How to Apply
- Click “Apply Now”
- Follow the prompts
- Make sure you submit the following:
- A resume (please make sure to include your expected graduation date)
- A cover letter detailing why you want to work at The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
The Selection Process
- Only applicants under consideration will be contacted
- Interviews will likely start toward the end of January
- Interns are selected based on academic achievement and work experience, in addition to analytical and communication skills
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.