Under the direction of the Manager, AirTrain Operations, the successful candidate will have responsibility for oversight of the third-party AirTrain Operator's (currently Alstom) performance and maintenance policies and procedures related to the safe and efficient operations of the entire AirTrain system, as well as monitoring of system availability. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and tracking daily performance and availability of the Air Train.
- Performing independent data analysis utilizing system performance reports, including trend analysis of system interrupting events.
- Determining and tracking system/subsystem failure trends and developing technical recommendations to improve system performance and safety based on maintenance, performance, and failure trends.
- Performing system safety inspections and establish/maintain observations database.
- Prepare presentations of trends failure, maintenance, performance, and safety and conclusions based on data extracted from various maintenance and performance databases
- Provide oversight to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, facilities, controls, safety and security systems based on collected maintenance and performance data
- Prepare analysis, trends, and projection of ridership data from daily automatic ridership counting system
- Develop predictive modeling tools to support business decisions.
- Monitoring and administering the AirTrain Contract.
- Manage the AirTrain Permit process, and coordinate maintenance activities outside AirTrain Operator’s responsibility.
- Auditing maintenance records and schedules to ensure that the System Safety Program Plan, System Maintenance Plan, and Safety Management System are maintained and updated
- Liaison with New Jersey Transit and Amtrak on all issues related to the RaiLink (NEC) Station
- Assist with the review/update of AirTrain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the PA Landside Control Desk, as well as those of the AirTrain Operator, and with developing new SOPs as appropriate.
- Review contractor’s invoices and determine compliance with Contract. Provide the Manager of initial approval and/or comments. Enter invoices in Port Authority system (SAP)
- Prepare AirTrain budget and coordinate with PA stake holders tracking of budget status
- Prepare ridership trend and analysis using existing automatic passenger counter system
- Lead AirTrain Customer Service Program and coordinate efforts with various Airport entities to ensure seamless integration of the Program with Agency Customer Service Initiatives.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, in Engineering, Engineering
Management, Industrial Management, Mathematics, Economics or related degree
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in data collection, mining, analyzing, monitoring or tracking system performance trends and reports
- Any contract management experience
- Experience preparing recommendations of process improvement related to safety, maintenance, or performance-based data
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including Pivot Tables), Word and PowerPoint
- Must be able to pass fingerprint-based Criminal History Record Check as mandated by 49 CFR 1542 and required to obtain and maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) card and airfield driving privileges
- Must be able to respond to airport emergencies, including snow events, AirTrain outages, etc., 24hrs a day / 7 days a week
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Any data analytics experience within the transportation AirTrain or rail environment
- Any experience in data manipulation systems such as: Power BI or Python
- Any experience with transportation safety training (i.e., OSHA, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize a demanding workload and to manage time effectively in a demanding work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including experience interacting with multiple stakeholders such as management, tenants, contractors, vendors and the general public.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.