This job posting is no longer active.
The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking a Senior Property Representative to manage Leasing and Contracts at our NJ Airports - Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) & Teterboro (TEB). In this role you will be responsible for identifying and interpreting existing properties and commercial development needs and providing strategic business solutions. Flexibility and adaptability, multi-tasking on projects at the airports, and leading interactions with our airline community will be a requirement.
NJ Airport Commercial & Properties plays a crucial role in the Aviation Commercial Organization Portfolio. Our team plays a critical part with stakeholders in Redevelopment, Operations, Environmental, Airlines Relations, and much more. We work as a team with strong emphasis on fostering world class standards for properties and commercial development.
Under the supervision of the Manager, Properties and Commercial Development at EWR, the Airport Property Representative will be responsible for:
- Conducting complex real estate negotiations with airport tenants (airlines and airline partners) and the on-going management and administration of the resulting agreements, including but not limited to those for multi-tenant buildings, Terminals, and all facilities at our NJ Airports
- Preparing authorizing documents (agenda items for Port Authority Board approval and Memoranda of Justification) that detail tenant investment, competitive fee structures and other items
- Project lead on all aspects of tenant negotiations and development with other agency staff departments such as Law, Comptroller’s, and Risk Management
- Primary liaison between airport staff and the tenant to resolve outstanding issues
- Working with the SAP Real Estate Module and resolving Accounts Receivable issues
- Implements audit and monitoring procedures to verify assigned tenant/permittee compliance
- The ability to help evolve the competitive market at our NJ Airports while understanding the impacts to the Agency and coming about with innovative solutions.
- Maintains contact with tenants/permittees including visits to each leased site including discussions regarding business success/challenges.
- Familiarizes oneself with the financial and business terms for leases various categories of properties at Airport
- Proposes financial terms for transactions using guidelines as appropriate and within designated categories of use: standards market rates for land or certain facilities, standard escalation provisions, and market comparables based on defined criteria; capital investment requirements associated with lease term; criteria for capital investment reimbursements
- Developing strategies to implement business policies
- Maintains roadmap of critical transactions and issues and prepares key highlights
- Ensuring the delivery of a positive airport customer experience across all facilities
- Establishing business relationships with airlines, and other -airport users both on and off the airport
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- In Lieu of a degree, a minimum of 7 years of experience in Aviation, transportation, or similar experience would be acceptable
- Experience with SAP, Salesforce or familiar with similar systems in collecting, interpreting, and presenting data for Lease management or Revenue management
- Experience writing white papers, business justifications, memos and/or executive level communication
- Any experience in financial budgeting that can include revenue forecasting, lease accounting, contract auditing or financial benchmarking
- Experience contract or lease language negotiation for new opportunities or renewals
- In-depth knowledge of Aviation Operations, Transportation, or Contract & Tenant Management that can include any of the following: third party vendors, airlines, airport processes or other business partnerships.
- The successful candidate must be able to pass a fingerprint-based Criminal History Records Check as mandated by 49 CFR Part 1542 and will be required to obtain and maintain an airport Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) credential with Non- Movement Area Driving and Escort Privileges. SIDA access and airfield driving, and escort privileges require SIDA and airfield driver training and successful completion of a SIDA test.
- Experience with prioritizing deliverables within a tight time frame
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- Experience with air terminals, and airport facilities
- Familiarity with lease financial and business terms related property lease management
- Experience using project management techniques for managing projects through completion
- Experience creating and interpreting Microsoft Excel reports which includes using pivot tables and formulas
- Progressive experience in conducting or participating in lease negotiations
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.