Manager, Debt Management Division
The Manager, Debt Management position is responsible for ensuring the availability of capital funds to construct and improve Port Authority's facilities, which is accomplished primarily through the sale of Port Authority bonds and notes. Manage all aspects of the issuance process, including the timing of sales and the structuring of financial terms. As part of the PA's investor relations program, maintain ongoing relationships with bondholders, rating agencies and the investment banking community. Responsible for managing all other aspects of the Port Authority's outstanding debt, including the payment of debt service on all obligations and the administration of various agreements with the PA's business partners. Implement productivity/process improvements and manage and direct the activities of the Debt Management Division.
- Responsible for ensuring the availability of capital funds to construct and improve the Port Authority’s facilities. This includes effectively tracking the use of capital funds and recommending appropriate funding sources and financing tools to support forecasted expenditures.
- Manage the issuance of debt obligations, including recommendation on structure, refunding analysis, timing and overseeing all aspects of process.
- Administer all aspects of outstanding debt obligations, including accurate and timely payment of debt service; maintenance of various agreements including renewal and replacement.
- Analyze capital projects to ensure the appropriate and proper use of funds to comply with Federal tax regulations. Monitor capital expenditures to identify required/appropriate sources of funds and to determine timing of new financings.
- Implement productivity/process improvements that increase revenues, process efficiency, customer service and/or reduces costs. Explore opportunities to streamline debt issuance, reduce debt service cost or improve debt capacity.
- Manage and direct the activities of the Debt Management Division, including motivating staff, completing performance evaluations, both interim and final, and provide appropriate development plans.
- Maintain relationships with executive staff and staff throughout the agency, as well as outside parties including rating agencies, investment banks and investors. Includes providing information on an on-going basis and when issuing obligations.
- Review innovative financing techniques presented by investment banks based on the changing marketplace; make recommendations as to the appropriateness for the agency and the necessary steps to implement.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations on the Port Authority’s financing activities are also within the position responsibilities.
- Manage the administration of the outstanding debt portfolio with a view towards lowering its cost or otherwise improving its structure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or Economics. An MBA is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the municipal finance industry, particularly in the area of municipal debt.
- Knowledge of the various types of municipal securities and derivative investments and their applications.
- Knowledge of terms and provisions of contracts and agreements related to debt instruments
- Knowledge of the Port Authority’s financial structure and authorized debt obligations.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various software programs that analyze and optimize debt structures, supervisory experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and managing a large debt portfolio and debt issuance program.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- High level of negotiation, presentation, and communication skills.
- Strong oral presentation and written skills, proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point, Teams, and SharePoint.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.