This job posting is no longer active.
As a reporting Department to the Chief Financial Officer, the Comptroller’s Department is a team of dedicated professionals who ensure the accuracy of the Port Authority’s finances. As part of the Comptroller’s Department team, you will gain insight and experience surrounding the agency’s financial structure and internal control processes as well as knowledge of the operations of our various lines of business, giving you extensive opportunities for a long-term career at the Port Authority.
Reporting directly to the Non-Aviation Senior Accounting Supervisor, the successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Monitoring and accounting for the TB&T and Port Commerce Department’s capital projects.
- Reviewing Capital Determination Forms, financial transactions, reviewing and approving project scopes for proposed capital projects, and review of board items in terms of capital/expense criteria to determine the appropriate classification of associated costs.
- Preparing accounting transactions to accurately reflect investment at our facilities, and periodic schedules for inclusion in and/or support of the financial statements.
- Analyzing and updating work in progress (WIP), and determining any potential write-offs, reclassifications, and project suspensions.
- Retirement and disposition of assets.
- Collaborating with the Engineering Department to determine appropriate asset classes and service lives for processing final assets.
- Tracking and reporting of expenditures and unamortized costs for Regional Facilities and Programs.
- Special projects’ research and analysis including supporting the Regional Facilities and Programs.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships with line department staff to provide a process for the exchange/communication of information.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Corporate Finance from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- In lieu of Bachelor’s Degree a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience can be accepted.
- Minimum two years accounting experience.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel/Word)
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work independently and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills in reconciling financial information.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external staff at all levels.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAP and PC applications including EXCEL, Word and COGNOS.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, research and apply accounting theory as it relates to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Experience with Port Authority Accounting Structure
- Knowledge of Port Authority businesses and operations.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.