This job posting is no longer active.
Job Title: Program Manager – Business Performance
Job ID: 60265
Location: 4 World Trade Center
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Reporting to the Manager, Business Performance, the Program Manager – Business Performance will support critical department functions including analyzing the department’s key performance indicators and metrics, leading the department’s monthly and quarterly business performance reporting, and monitoring priority initiatives. Specific tasks include, and are not limited to:
- Analyze TB&T’s performance metrics – work with data owners to prepare executive-level reports for metrics, including detailed analysis into variables that drive metrics; recommend strategies to improve metrics; take initiative to implement improvement strategies; and report metrics and improvement strategies and results monthly.
- Lead the department’s monthly and quarterly business performance reporting activities, including working with data owners to capture data, maintaining a department-wide database, formatting and preparing reports, working with units/SMEs/data owners on variance and root cause analyses and explanations, issuing reports, and facilitating department-wide performance review meetings.
- Develop, analyze, report custom / new metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) that measure activities and progress toward department and agency goals including customer experience delivery, safety and security, asset management and capital investment, etc.
- Evaluate and collaborate on divisional reporting tools to support an environment conducive to sustain high productivity, supportive of strategic initiatives and measurement-driven decision making.
- Stay current with facility and department operations and needs and industry best practices to recommend metrics and KPIs and associated reporting methods to bolster TB&T’s analytical power and good management of its operations and critical activities.
- Identify and propose processes that improve how the department can efficiently and effectively conduct business.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Data Science / Analytics, Mathematics, Business, Public Administration, Public Policy, Planning, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum four (4) years progressively responsible experience in business analysis as well as implementing and facilitating programs and processes, developing policies and procedures, and managing special projects and initiatives.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Superior skills in general MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and advanced knowledge / use of Excel, Access, and Power BI.
- Ability to summarize data into clear findings, prepare compelling data visualizations, and articulate findings to executive-level staff via oral and written communications.
- A customer experience mindset for both interacting with staff at all levels and supporting departments to prepare and deliver high-quality data-driven reports and for establishing business performance metrics that help TB&T deliver best-in-class experience for our customers.
The ideal candidate will present the following profile:
Familiarity with advanced analytical tools and programs including visualization tools like Tableau, etc. and database management tools such as SQL and the like.
- Proven ability to identify problems, assess the accuracy and relevance of information, use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, develop consensus, and make recommendations.
- Capacity to learn and understand new concepts and ideas as well as develop these new views into projects that help the department conduct its business in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, establish plans, set priorities, coordinate activities with staff at all levels, manage time, and prioritize multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
- Experience and knowledge of the principles, methods and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing initiatives and resources.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.