This position will be located at 4 World Trade Center but will require travel to and from all TB&T facilities.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager for TB&T’s Operations Services Unit, the Environmental/Operations Programs Specialist will assist and support all departmental efforts in the planning and execution of varied initiatives, projects, and programs to optimize facility maintenance and operations. This includes managing and participating in the development and oversight of environmental, health and safety, and energy/utility management, operating improvements, maintenance trades training and development, and performance measurements.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders including TB&T facilities and Project Management staff, the Office of Sustainability, Engineering, Operations Services Department, Government and Community Relations, and Law on environmental conditions and mitigation, health and safety management, sustainability and energy management and improvements related to programs for customers, tenants, and employees.
- Manage departmental efforts to meet sustainability and energy goals for energy management, GHG management, greening of workplace, utility monitoring and management.
- Represent TB&T on interdepartmental working groups for areas such as underground and aboveground storage tanks, hazardous waste management, sustainability measures, and pandemic health concerns.
- Coordinate with facility staff to identify and implement industry best practices for initial, refresher and on-going training for maintenance trades to ensure a sustainable pipeline of skilled personnel to fill critical maintenance positions. Work with facilities and interdepartmental staff to address environmental inquiries and issues, and ensure environmental compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Undertake management analyses that promote efficiencies and productivity at both the facility and departmental level including but not limited to: planning, operations, maintenance, equipment, and research and development of technological solutions to support short- and long-term TB&T operations and business strategies.
- Execute special projects as assigned. Prepare written correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Represent TB&T as a liaison in collaboration with the agency’s Office of Emergency Management Emergency Operations Center during planned activations, emergencies, and severe weather events.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Transportation, Engineering, Planning, Technology, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience managing projects or implementing programs.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with Federal, State (NY and NJ), and local environmental regulations.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in environmental mitigation, sustainability
health and safety, and energy programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Port Authority policies and procedures, specifically as they relate to administration, contracts, human resources, labor, budgeting, the PA Board Process, and audit.
- Demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft, SAP/AVM, Budget Pro, and Microsoft Office Suite
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated supervisory or managerial experience coordinating environmental, health and safety, energy projects, studies, permits and licenses.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, including the ability to produce narrative, financial and statistical reports.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in problem-solving and handling conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with unit heads, consultants, employees and staff at all levels and outside organizations.
- Detail oriented and possess excellent organization skills.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.