Title: Supervisor, IT Senior Technician
Level: Band 3
Department: Technology Department
Location: 2 Montgomery Street
The Technology Department develops and supports a wide range of IT solutions in support of the Agency’s mission. Under the management of the Assistant Director, Customer Service and Web Service, the IT Senior Technician will be responsible for providing high touch, coordinated delivery of 24/7 IT support and guidance to the Authority’s Executive Leadership Team. This is a client facing role with a need to be physically available on site (New York City) as well as a willingness for regional travel when necessary. Responsible for managing user requests including responding and resolving escalations from IT Service Desk, providing information about products and services, processing orders and service requests.
Responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for end-to-end accountability of all IT related matters
- Troubleshoot and/or resolve hardware and software related problems for Executive Leadership at primary and secondary work locations, as directed by the Authority.
- Perform installation services for computer devices, mobile devices, and peripherals.
- When appropriate, manage and coordinate the update of all executive technology devices.
- Serve as the liaison between Executive Leadership and the IT Service Desk, as well as other areas within the Technology Department (i.e., system administration, network support, cybersecurity, architecture, engineering, etc.).
- Supervise the WTC Executive Back-Up Support technician.
- Complete a daily checklist of support-related tasks.
- As a technologist and SME, provide technical consulting services and mentoring for Executives and their assistants on present and future digital capabilities and device nuances.
- When necessary, provide support and insight at off-site venues for the planning, management and execution of events/meetings being attended by Executive Team members.
- Ensure that all technology solutions implemented or planned for Authority Executives and their support teams are aligned with the Authority’s hardware and software standards, and their use if in compliance with all relevant Authority guidelines.
- Ensure compliance and tracking of all 3rd party systems and applications
- Support services may be required at primary (office), secondary (hybrid/remote), or tertiary (travel) locations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or High School Diploma with 8 years equivalent Experience and/or Technical Certifications
- A minimum 5 years of customer service and client facing technology support experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android operating systems and compute devices.
- Highly skilled in collaboration tools, with an emphasis on Microsoft Teams, but may include WebEx and Zoom.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) including cloud based and mobile versions.
- Working knowledge of business productivity applications including Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Visio.
- Experience with internet browsers (Edge, Chrome, Firefox).
- Working knowledge of the ServiceNow ITSM platform.
- General knowledge of network technology.
- Strong familiarity with residential networking/Wi-Fi technology, including the ability to advise on, install, configure, and troubleshoot.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate sound business and customer service knowledge; ability to learn quickly and build relationships to effectively support Executive leadership.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a demonstrated record of customer focus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to explain technical details to leaders and staff with lesser technical skills.
- Possess highest standards of ethics, integrity, commitment, and overall professionalism.
- Highly effective written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deescalate and handle stress and pressure.
- Must have exceptional analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting, and technical skills.
- Extreme level of discretion in handling confidential information.
- Be action and resolution focused, results driven, with the ability to define and implement solutions.
- Work independently and effectively manages multiple or competing priorities.
- Be discerning; know when to say “I don’t know”, but have the confidence to know where and how to get what is needed to consistently achieve successful outcomes.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.