This job posting is no longer active.
Want to collaborate with stakeholders on exciting new cutting-edge technology for PANYNJ’s world class facilities? If working in a dynamic fast passed environment on innovative technologies sounds up your ally, then consider the following! The Procurement Department is seeking an energetic individual to join the Technology Acquisitions group to support all phases of procurement, from requisition receipt to contract award.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, reviewing license agreements and contract terms, developing solicitation packages, evaluating offers, and negotiating agreements. The ideal candidate will be flexible, demonstrate professional and ethical behavior with fair and transparent decision making, be able to drive work assignments to effective and efficient conclusion and handle a diverse portfolio. Some assignments will be worked on independently and others will be team based.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Technology Acquisitions, the Technology Procurement Strategic Sourcing Specialist’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Utilizing the most effective procurement method for the request (bid, call in, RFP, etc.), facilitate all aspects of the strategic sourcing and procurement processes for IT products and services.
- Review and provide targeted feedback on scopes, price sheets and solicitation documents to ensure clarity and completeness.
- Analyze and incorporate input to vendor proposals, subscription and license agreements and other related documents
- On time processing of software and hardware renewals.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or a minimum of three years relevant Procurement experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of two years’ procurement experience. Working knowledge of procurement best practices inclusive of strategic sourcing methods.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated experience negotiating with technology vendors; physical and logical security providers, application and web development and support agreements, or other technology-based master agreements.
- Public sector procurement experience.
- Information technology based contract or project management experience.
- Ability to effectively interpret and work with technology-based contract terms and related documents such as Cloud based, End User License, Maintenance & Subscription agreements.
- Experience developing and maintaining project schedules and delivering completed work product on time in a fast-paced environment with vague information.
- Experience in reviewing and effectively editing scopes of work, price sheets, etc.
- Strong decision-making & problem-solving skills, excellent oral and written communication skills combined with the ability to maintain effective relationships internally and externally with a strong customer service orientation.
- Comfortable navigating and effectively using Electronic Procurement and sourcing tools such as SAP.
- Demonstrated experience with standard business software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365, SAP etc.
- Possession of one of the following: Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.