This job posting is no longer active.
The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to manage projects included in LaGuardia Airport's Capital Plan, and Agency Major Maintenance Program.
Reporting to a Program Manager within the LGA Project Management Unit, the Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Manage scoping and authorization process for all assigned projects, including the justification, planning approach, identification and study of alternatives and selection of the preferred alternative
- Establish project schedules and budgets
- Orchestrate and manage the efforts of all staff departments
- Manage project planning, design, construction and close-out efforts
- Work closely with facility physical plant/operations staff and engineering staff
- Ensure that all required permits or agreements with outside entities are in place
- Ensure the timely completion of projects within scope, schedule and budget
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Architecture or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the design, evaluation, and /or management of complex infrastructure rehabilitation of airports or other transportation facilities project work
- Experience in project management, engineering design, architecture, and/or construction fields including establishment of project plans, setting priorities, and incorporating facility operations and security requirements into project plans
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, estimating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and/or inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance
- Applicant must possess a valid Driver’s License
- The successful candidate must be able to pass a fingerprint-based Criminal History Record Check as mandated by 49CFR 1542 and will be required to obtain an Airport Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) ID card with Airfield Driving Privileges
The ideal candidate should possess but not limited to the following qualifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desirable
- Professional Engineer or Registered Architect license in New York or New Jersey is desirable
- Experience working with outside agencies including, but not limited to FAA, DOT’s and environmental agencies
- Knowledge of physical plants/assets, analysis of problem, obtaining the necessary resources from the various stakeholders
- Experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups and project teams
- Demonstrated customer service, decision-making, and problem solving
- Knowledge of capital planning and assessment, cost-benefit and life cycle cost analyses, project planning and development, and risk management protocols
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.