The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking a two junior to mid-level Project Managers to manage projects comprising the JFK Redevelopment Program.
Reporting to a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager within the JFK Redevelopment Team, the Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Establishing and managing scope, schedule, and budge for all assigned projects, including the justification, planning approach
- Manage project planning, design, construction, and close-out efforts
- Work closely with facility physical plant/operations staff and engineering staff
- Ensure that all required permits or agreements with outside entities are in place
- Ensure the timely completion of projects within scope, schedule, and budget
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups such as tenants, contractors, vendors, and stakeholders
- Participate in and/or conduct meetings
Note: This is a standard permanent position. Selected candidate(s) will work on-site full time from JFK Airport.
QualificationsCandidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience in the design, evaluation, and/or management of infrastructure construction
- Experience with capital projects that involve design and construction elements including the monitoring and reporting of cost forecasts against budgets and the management of project schedules
- Ability to read and decipher construction drawings (i.e. AutoCad, etc.)
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments
- Proficient in the use of software applications Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Able to pass a criminal history records check, as mandated by 49 CFR Part 1542, and to meet requirements necessary to obtain and maintain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Card credential with airfield Movement Area Driving and Escort Privileges
DesiredIdeal candidates will present the following profile:
- Certified Engineer in Training (EIT) in the State of New York or State of New Jersey
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Direct aviation/airport Project Management experience Software Skills – Primavera (scheduling), eBuilder
- Experience working with outside agencies such as FAA, DOT’s and environmental agencies, etc.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.