This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, JFK Redevelopment CTA Infrastructure, the Program Manager will act as the primary point of contact with Program staff and provide critical guidance and input to all stakeholders regarding the project delivery of infrastructure elements for the roadways, utilities and ground transportation center and other infrastructure projects as required, which comprise a critical component of the overall Program. The candidate will ensure that projects are delivered within the approved scope, schedule, and budget and in accordance with the Authority’s quality assurance/quality control standards, project delivery guidelines, and objectives of the JFK Redevelopment Program. The successful candidate will apply their leadership and project management experience in the development of strategies and recommendations related to the portfolio of infrastructure projects associated with the JFK Redevelopment Program.
Responsibilities also include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as the Lead Program Manager for Authority-led landside civil projects predominantly consisting of new or modified roadways, associated utilities, and ground transportation center
- Lead the coordination and review of designs Terminal Developers’ project submittals or other tenants’ submittals, that are related to CTA Infrastructure including but not limited to pavements, utilities, roadways, wayfinding, site design, stormwater management, documents. Ensure that all interfaces are managed and coordinated with the JFK Redevelopment Terminal Program Managers or others who may be executing the work
- Auditing deliverables for scope conformance and quality standards
- Support, and provide input in preparing scope of work for RFPs and independent cost estimate, review consultant proposals, project change proposals
- Negotiating cost, ensuring schedule/budget compliance auditing deliverables for scope conformance/quality
- Participate in and/or conduct meetings
Note: This is a standard permanent position. Selected candidate(s) will work on-site full time from JFK Airport.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 7 years engineering experience in the design, evaluation, and/or management of infrastructure construction
- Experience managing project management deliverances in an airport environment
- Experience with capital projects that involve significant design and construction elements including the monitoring and reporting of cost forecasts against budgets and the management of project schedules
- Working knowledge of building codes and regulatory requirements
- Working knowledge of design guidelines and standards including but not limited to, FAA circulars and AASHTO, knowledge of government policies
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, decision making, negotiations and conflict resolution skills to effectively reach sound conclusions and recommendations
- Proven ability to lead, manage technical staff, and prioritize multiple assignments with multiple disciplines
- Demonstrated knowledge of capital planning and assessment, procurement, project planning and development, and risk management protocols
- Proven ability to lead, manage, and prioritize multiple assignments with multiple disciplines
- Able to pass a criminal history records check, as mandated by 49 CFR Part 1542, and to meet requirements necessary to obtain and maintain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Card credential with airfield Movement Area Driving and Escort Privileges
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of New York or State of New Jersey
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- American Institute of Architect (AIA) license
- Residential Architect (RA)
- Thorough knowledge of Port Authority Engineering’s delivery process including design and construction management, construction estimating and project budgeting and scheduling
- Knowledge and understanding of the Capital and Operating authorization processes
- Demonstrated experience with alternative procurement strategies
- Knowledge of management systems and platforms including PDPS, Wintrak, Primavera (P6 Schedules, Contract Manager, and Risk Analysis) as well as corporate systems such as People Soft and SAP, is a plus
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.