Seeking two (2) Senior Project Managers to be the primary point of contact with the JFK Redevelopment Program staff and provide critical guidance and input to all stakeholders regarding preliminary engineering and final design services for infrastructure elements to be delivered by the Port Authority, which comprise a critical component of the overall Program.
Reporting to the Senior Program Manager, JFK Redevelopment the Senior Project Managers will ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with the Agency’s quality assurance/quality control and project delivery guidelines while meeting the JFK Redevelopment Program needs. The successful candidate will coordinate the design services between disciplines and ensure that projects are delivered in conformance with the Agency’s QA/QC and project delivery guidelines, including federal, state, and local design standards and guidelines (e.g. FAA Circulars, AASHTO) to assist in the development of strategies and recommendations related to the portfolio of infrastructure projects associated with the JFK Redevelopment Program.
Responsibilities also include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrated experience planning, organizing, and directing concurrent and complex construction projects and activities, with significant project management and planning experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading design review coordination for new or modified buildings, structures, roadways, utilities, wayfinding, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze changes and additions to projects and to develop plans to manage those changes while adhering to project budgets.
- Knowledge of environmental, sanitation, air, water, and hazardous waste requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to devise and implement innovative and creative solutions to problems and issues relative to the projects assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups such as tenants, contractors, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Reviewing contract deliverables for scope conformance and quality standards and taking the requisite action in cases of non-compliance.
- Participate in and/or conduct meetings.
Note: This is a standard permanent position. Selected candidate(s) will work on-site full time from JFK Airport.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience in the design, evaluation, and/or management of infrastructure construction
- Experience managing projects in an airport environment
- Experience with capital projects that involve significant design and construction elements including the monitoring and reporting of cost forecasts against budgets and the management of project schedules
- Working knowledge of building codes and regulatory requirements
- Experience in problem solving, decision making, negotiations and conflict resolution skills to effectively reach sound conclusions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of capital planning and assessment, procurement, project planning and development, and risk management protocols
- Proven ability to lead, manage, and prioritize multiple assignments with multiple disciplines.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently and prioritize as required
- Able to pass a criminal history records check, as mandated by 49 CFR Part 1542, and to meet requirements necessary to obtain and maintain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Card credential with airfield Movement Area Driving and Escort Privileges
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of New York or State of New Jersey
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- American Institute of Architect (AIA) license
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.