This job posting is no longer active.
Description The Technology Department develops and supports a wide range of IT solutions in support of the Agency's mission. Under the direction of the Manager of Financial Management, the Supervisor, Contract Compliance and Analysis, supports the management of contract renewal activities for the Technology Department’s approximately 140 contracts including contract compliance, management of the Technology Department's Call-In Programs, support for RFP's/RFQ's solicited for the Department and backup for approval of contract payments and requisitions.Responsibilities include:
- Manage the contract renewal process for all TEC contracts (license maintenance, services, call-ins), resolving all issues and ensuring timely renewals with no service gaps.
- Manage the department’s call-in programs including renewals and authorizations. Create TEC purchase orders and change orders as needed, ensuring compliance with funding authorization.
- Manage the department’s main task order call-in program including mini-RFP task solicitations and compliance with funding authorization.
- Manage the contract authorization process for the department, ensuring documents requiring executive authorization are prepared accurately, in a timely fashion and achieve concurrence from partner departments (Law, MBD, Procurement). Brief the Chief Technology Officer on priority areas requiring attention prior to executive meetings.
- Create the Technology Department's annual procurement plan to brief the Chief Technology Officer and the Procurement Department and work closely with Procurement on monitoring contract creation activities against plan.
- Partner effectively with Procurement to progress requests for new awards and renewals through the entire Procurement process.
- Collaborate effectively with agency stakeholders to ensure contract compliance with agency requirements for authorization, MWBE participation, Audit, Risk and cyber security controls.
- Work closely with Technology Department staff in the creation and renewal of contracts, including QA/QC on documents submitted to Procurement.
- Maintain effective communications with staff at all levels, keeping managers abreast of important issues regarding contract compliance.
- Provide direction to Technology staff involved with contracts on procurement strategies policies and procedures
- Backup the Manager, Financial Management for approval of contract payments and AVM (SAP) shopping carts.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Finance, Public Policy or a related field from an accredited college or university;
- Five (5) years experience in contract administration, purchasing or contract development.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience handling multiple assignments and heavy workload while meeting tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated proficiency in contract administration, development and evaluation of various contracts and Requests for Proposals (including scope of work, schedule and staff estimate parameters) setting priorities and managing through award, contracts of varying sizes and complexity.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using SAP and the Microsoft Office Suite, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Persuasive interpersonal skills including demonstrated experience interacting with executive management and establishing excellent collaborative relationships with colleagues, particularly in partner departments.
- Demonstrated experience with the Port Authority's authorization process.
- Thorough knowledge of Port Authority Policies and Procedures, especially those related to contract administration and the authorization process;
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and political acumen.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.