This job posting is no longer active.
The Executive Recruiter will lead the executive search process, manage the end-to-end talent acquisition process using third party retained search firms for critical senior leadership positions (Director and above).
The Executive Recruiter coordinates with executive search firms, colleagues in human Resources, leaders in the various lines of business and executive staff to ensure a high-touch experience for candidates and all other involved parties. The ideal candidate is highly experienced, knowledgeable in executive level candidate attraction, selection, onboarding and integration. The Executive Recruiter plays a lead role on the team and provides direct supervision of a Sourcer who supports the entire recruitment team with specialized searches.
The Executive Recruiter will partner with stakeholders to carry out the following key responsibilities:
- Host meetings with Port Authority leaders to gather information on external talent and map their industry networks.
- Provide strategic guidance and become an advisor to executive leadership in matters related to top industry talent.
- Create and execute multi-channel strategies to source candidates that meet client profile and/or building talent pools for current and future engagements
- Generate candidate sources, names and profiles; create and execute robust search strategies that will attract the best and brightest talent.
- Aggregate and prepare search status reports as well as lead/participate in client update meetings on active searches.
- Identify, assess, select and engage executive search firms. Build and manage ongoing relationship and partnerships.
- Coordinate public procurement processes to establish and manage contracts with search firms.
- Serve as primary interface with 3rd party, retained search firms, oversee retained search engagements and assess for continued presentation of high caliber talent
- Design and monitor the programmatic impact of key processes that create a compelling candidate experience as well as the effectiveness of the agency’s onboarding and integration of new executives
- Develop competency interviewing to identify and differentiate candidate in presentation and short-list process
- Provide counsel on the candidate selection recommendations and prepare selection recommendation information
- Manage an efficient and effective process, utilizing our ATS and other tools for candidate sourcing (i.e., LinkedIn, etc.) (as appropriate)
- Represent the HR function on business related issues such as conferences and in a variety of external, industry forums
- Manage salary negotiations and facilitate conversations on Total Reward package for executive hires
- Coordinate all On-Boarding activities, including facilitating HR Orientation for new Executive hires
- Provide direct supervision to Sourcer who conducts searches for entire recruitment team, indirectly supervise Talent Acquisition Coordinators who support with administrative tasks.
- Serve as a lead for the Talent Acquisition team as a whole, supporting with training and development, recruitment events and special projects.
This role operates on a hybrid work schedule, with time spent both onsite at 4 World Trade Center and remotely.
Candidate Traits/Key Competencies
Proven experience with direct executive candidate sourcing and track record of full life cycle support of senior level hiring (candidate identification, selection, onboarding and executive integration)
- Proactive, solutions driven self-starter
- Problem solver and consultative; ability to anticipate client needs
- Decisive and results oriented
- Strong multi-tasker
- Collaborator, strong relationship builder
- Trusted advisor
- Negotiator and exceptional closer
- Insightful and accurate assessor of talent
- Persuasive and strong communicator
- Political acumen; comfortable with internal and external politics
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required with 8 + years of progressive related experience with demonstrated knowledge of technical and legal aspects of HR.
- Experience in full life-cycle recruiting, developing recruitment strategies and client/candidate management
- Subject matter expert around candidate sourcing methodologies and recruitment process effectiveness
- Experience directing/leading executive third party retained search engagements
- Effectively communicate position opportunity and client value proposition
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal credibly and effectively with senior leadership and multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to influence and advise senior executives and manage senior-level relationships
- An advanced degree or certification with the certification consistent with local practice such as SPHR is preferred
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than twenty three billion in annual wages and eighty billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.