This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the Program Manager, Application Management, the Solutions Engineer will administer, support, and develop new applications using the Microsoft SharePoint platform and Power Automate tools for the department. He/she will also be the primary administrator for the departments Intranet SharePoint portal (EOL) – ensuring all content, workflows and applications are maintain and current.
Performance and Metrics
Perform application/workflow design, development, enhancement, and support to facilitate Engineering department users’ productivity, collaboration and track the Engineering processes.
- Design, development, enhancement, and support Engineering application/workflow in Microsoft platforms.
- Compose application/workflow technical specification, user guide and support manual.
- When required, prepare, and deliver presentations and training of a varying nature to Engineering and other department users.
- Develop and provide project specific custom reports, workflow reports and other ad-hock reports, as necessary.
- Track and report effort based on tasks in Azure DevOps.
- Share the technology finding and experience with the team through “lunch and learn” meetings
- Work collaboratively to help resolve application/workflow issues and suggest solutions.
Administer, support, enhance existing applications; architect, design and develop new applications and workflows in Microsoft Office365, SharePoint and Power platform.
- New SharePoint/Office365 suite of applications/workflows - architect and development, including but not limited to revamped EOL (Engineering Intranet), Project Delivery Portals, Engineering Team/Software Product sites.
- Support and enhance existing SharePoint/Office365 application, including but not limited to SharePoint framework apps, SharePoint Designer workflows, Infowise Forms and Actions, Power App, Power Automate, Power BI.
- SharePoint user administration, end user training and supporting.
- SharePoint Designer and OpenText workflow migration to Power platform.
- Interface with end user, business analyst and other team members to collaborate and build solutions.
- Draft and maintain technical documentation, support manuals and user guides.
- Assist with covering the Application Support Hotline.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive work experience with SharePoint Online content development and site administration.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive work experience in Microsoft Office 365 and Power platforms.
- Extensive Knowledge of SharePoint/Office365 tools, including SharePoint Framework, SharePoint Designer, PowerShell, Power Automate, Power App and Power BI.
- Solid understanding of databases and SQL programming.
- Ability to learn and become competent quickly with Port Authority’s software, tools and reporting systems.
- Knowledge of Infowise Ultimate Forms and Actions tool is highly desired.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Knowledge of Port Authority businesses and operations. Knowledgeable of the Engineering organizational structure, policies, and procedures.
- Proficient in data analysis and data compilation - requiring a high level of organizational skills and attention to detail. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead technical application/workflow development projects/meetings.
- Experience troubleshooting minor IT issues and communicating upgrades to other staff.
- Strong oral and technical writing skills.
- Detail-oriented, demonstrating excellence in planning, time management, and customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to coordinate activities across organizational lines with diverse staff groups and external organizations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.