Reporting to the Senior Program Manager in TB&T's Infrastructure Planning & Development Unit, the selected candidate will be responsible for the preparation, analysis, and monitoring of Asset Management’s capital and/or operating program portfolio performance to ensure optimum utilization of funds and resources, schedules, and budgets. This position has a strong focus on data analysis and reporting of project and program performance and budget management.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Lead the oversight and reporting of the capital plan and annual capital budget and/or the Agency Major Maintenance Program (AMMP) annual budget, coordinating with TB&T’s project management units, technical services, and operations units and related stakeholders such as Project Management Office (PMO), Engineering Department (ENG), and Management & Budget Department (MBD).
- Lead the oversight and reporting of TB&T’s annual schedule milestone metrics, coordinating with TB&T’s project management units and related stakeholders
- Serve as the primary financial liaison between TB&T Asset Management units and PMO, ENG and MBD
- Manage and maintain the unit’s information responsibilities within the Integrated Capital Management System (ICMS) and the ENG AMMP Forecasting App.
- Perform all other analysis and reports as needed by the Senior Program Manager
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in project or program management analysis and reporting in a transportation infrastructure related field.
- Demonstrated ability with interpreting and analyzing capital and operating budgets, identifying trends and issues, and proposing/implementing solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Planning, Engineering, or Architecture from an accredited college or university
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as effective use of graphical and other visual tools to clearly communicate ideas and concepts.
- Expert knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated experience in project or program management analysis and reporting in a transportation infrastructure related field.
- Proven ability to manage oversight of programs of varying complexity and risk and effectively utilize limited available resources to achieve complex goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of capital planning and assessment, cost-benefit and life cycle cost analyses, project planning and development, and risk management protocols.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in managing and influencing diverse work groups and project teams, within a department and across stakeholder departments in the Agency.
- Demonstrated customer service, decision making, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies to achieve executive level authorizations while meeting budget targets.
- Professional Engineer or Registered Architect license in New York or New Jersey or Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Proficient knowledge of Power BI
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.