This job posting is no longer active.
The Aviation Department of The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is seeking a proactive Senior Project Manager at John F. Kennedy International Airport.
As part of Aviation Department’s $19 billion capital plan to invest in the modernization and infrastructure renewal programs to provide world class experiences, the department is looking to hire an energetic candidate to manage various capital and operating projects at JFK to maintain the facility in state of good repair and be in alignment with the strategic goals driven by the Agency Priorities.
Under the supervision and direction of the Program Manager, the selected candidate will be responsible for day-to-day management of various projects included in JFK Airport's Capital Plan, and Agency Major Maintenance Program. The selected candidate will be responsible for the management of full project life cycle including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring/controlling, and closing for each assigned project.
Following responsibilities represent a partial list of typical functions:
- Development of detailed project scope of work based on a statement of problem or a desired outcome
- Establishing project economics and timeline in conjunction with the appropriate stakeholders
- Collaboration with the Engineering Dept. to retain the necessary internal and external resources, including appropriate professional services, to advance the assigned projects to conceptual/preliminary design or final design
- Advancement of projects in planning, design, construction and closeout through established milestones and project schedules.
- Developing and implementing recovery plans for unanticipated delays
- Hold regularly scheduled meetings with the appropriate parties to ensure the project scope, schedule and budget are maintained.
- Prepare project status reports for supervisors, senior, and executive staff on a periodic basis
- Preparing, reviewing, and commenting of support documentation for Board Agenda Items, Policy Review Memorandum of Justifications (PRMJ’s), Memorandum of Justifications /MJ’s), Memorandum of Authorizations (MA’s)
- Management of day-to-day design and construction activities to ensure that all phases of work are completed within budget, contracted schedule, and in accordance with plans and specifications
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Architecture from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of seven years of experience leading the design, construction and/or project management of progressively complex projects
- Good working knowledge of multi-discipline engineering and construction principles
- Knowledge of PA policies and procedures related to project management systems
- Thorough knowledge of the Port Authority’s Capital Authorization and Contract Authorization processes
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources
- Demonstrated ability to manage challenging and complex projects in the Port Authority environment
- Knowledge of project management scheduling and cost control concepts
- Must possess a valid Driver's License
- Applicants must meet all performance and attendance standards and have completed all probationary periods at time of appointment to position
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated experience coordinating efforts, solving problems, and resolving conflicts
- Demonstrated negotiation and persuasion skills to support recommended solutions to planning and project management problems
- Demonstrated experience interacting and negotiating with all levels of management (internal and external) in the development of solutions to planning and project management problems
- Demonstrated excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Aviation facility operations and Aviation planning and design
- Professional Engineer (PE) license and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification are desirable
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.