This job posting is no longer active.
The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced Senior Airport Architect/Engineer to join the aviation planning team that will help transform The Port Authority’s airports into world-class 21st Century airports. The successful candidate will have broad understanding in the following aviation planning disciplines: landside, terminal and airside.
This is a JFK Redevelopment Long Term Project role. The Senior Airport Architect/Engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing, overseeing and analyzing airport simulation models (landside, terminal and airside)
- Preparation of internal and external stakeholder presentations and briefing materials
- Reviews, directs, and oversees technical work for a wide variety of airport planning projects associated with JFK Redevelopment
- Review and develop capacity analyses for airport facilities
- Develops concepts and alternative drawings using computer aided and GIS software
- Prepares and delivers of a wide variety of airport planning projects and technical reports encompassing terminal, airside, and support facilities components for JFK
- Highly responsive to stakeholder requests
- Prepares internal and external stakeholder presentations and briefing materials
- Coordinates with the FAA and other stakeholders for the preparation of Airport Layout Plan (ALP) updates for projects submission
- Develops site development plan and lease exhibits to support JFK Redevelopment needs
- Provides planning technical support for airport operations and technical guidelines on land use, airport zoning, airport planning standards and other applicable planning code & criteria
- The applicant must be able to travel to all Port Authority airports, as needed
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Urban Planning
- Progressive experience in Aviation facility planning and design to include the development of planning strategies, airport terminal and other supporting infrastructure needs analyses
- Experience working independently, developing planning strategies, setting priorities and balancing multiple concurrent projects
- Experience preparing and delivering site plans, terminal or other airport infrastructure functional drawings, conceptual drawings, or presentation materials
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Advisory Circulars and other industry publications and standards as they relate to airport terminal and master planning, zoning, airport design, capacity & demand and state & local codes & industry design standards
- This is a JFK Redevelopment Long Term Project role
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to devise innovative solutions to airport planning problems, resolve conflicts independently & make sound decisions
- Knowledge of industry best practices and world-class airport facilities planning and design
- Knowledge of, AviPlan, Revit, TAAM, VISSIM tools
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing)
- Registered Architect or Professional Engineer (PE) License in New York and/or New Jersey
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.