Job ID: 41291
Department: Security Operations & Programs
Location: Port Authority Bus Terminal
This position is located at the Port Authority Bus Terminal with frequent travel to other facilities.
The CSO Tunnels, Bridges and Terminals (TB&T) Security Administrator (SA), reporting to the CSO Manager of TB&T Security, provides support to all departmental efforts in the planning and execution of strategic security related initiatives. The SA ensures compliance with federal/state requirements and the facility security manuals, while tracking security performance and metrics. The SA is responsible for liaising with the Port Authority Police Department (PAPD), and Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) and Lincoln Tunnel (LT) staff. The SA will work closely with the TB&T Security Operations Center (SOC), and track its metrics concerning: CCTV, access control systems, and active monitoring/surveillance. The SA will work closely with the contract staff at the PABT and LT who are responsible for the maintenance and operation of security technology, and assist in the selection and deployment of new security technology. The SA will be responsible for the day-to-day security oversight of the PABT and LT and will be required to assist other members of the TB&T Security Group with obligations and initiatives at any of the TB&T facilities (George Washington Bridge and Bus Station, Holland Tunnel, Lincoln Tunnel, Port Authority Bus Terminal & Staten Island Bridges (Bayonne, Goethals, and Outerbridge Crossing), The Port Authority Technical Center (PATC)) and any other locations which the group is responsible for.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
* Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Security, Technology or related field from an accredited college or university.
* Five (5) years of documented progressively responsible experience in security operations, physical security, guard force management and administration, CCTV and access control system administration.
* Five (5) years of demonstrated experience directing SOC and guard force operations.
* Demonstrated experience performing analysis, producing reports, and managing contracts.
* Knowledge of physical security countermeasures and security technology systems.
* Demonstrated ability to operate and manage access control, alarm, sensor and CCTV systems.
* Must be able to work occasional overtime hours and weekend and evening hours as circumstances may dictate, including response to the facility during security and/or weather emergencies.
* Must be flexible to occasionally work at any TB&T facilities when required.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
* In-depth understanding of security industry best practices, policies and procedures in a transportation environment.
* Experience and knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing initiatives and resources.
* Solid interpersonal skills to interact with staff at all levels, supporting departments, consultants and outside agencies.
* Proven ability to identify problems, assess the accuracy and relevance of information, use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, develop consensus, and make recommendation
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.