The Aviation Department is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant for the Aviation Business Solutions team in the Director’s Office. The Director’s Office is a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment, requiring a high level of professionalism, flexibility, and coordination.
Reporting to the Principal Business Manager, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide comprehensive administrative and schedule management support for Aviation Senior Staff in the Director’s Office and the teams reporting to them. Manage calendars, answer phones, and ensure follow-up to ensure managers’ schedules address business requirements.
- Maintain administrative and business processes including invoice processing / payment in SAP, vehicle travel logs, memberships, expense documents, petty cash, tuition assistance, and ProCard statements. Review and prepare documents for signature by Aviation Senior Staff. Serve as the timekeeper for approximately 40 non-represented staff and serve as backup timekeeper for other units.
- Support the Director of Aviation and the Executive Assistant regularly with strategic and logistical assistance. Provide executive-level administrative and schedule management support to the Aviation Director in the absence of the Executive Assistant. Answer and direct inquiries for the Director’s Office and the department in general from a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Organize logistics for a wide range of department meetings, events, programs, and training courses in the Aviation Department. Coordinate with various agency departments, external partners / vendors, and Aviation staff to ensure successful execution and tracking of attendees.
- Manage business travel for the Aviation Director’s Office and other headquarters units, ensuring timely submission of travel and special events requests. Coordinate the logistics for travel, payment, and registrations.
- Support other department projects or initiatives as required.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- At least 5 years experience in providing executive-level administrative support in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Any previous experience with time keeping, invoice payment, approval tracking systems, enterprise resource planning (Peoplesoft, SAP or other related system)
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize assignments, and handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in Microsoft Outlook / Word / Excel / PowerPoint, and SAP (or equivalent systems). Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with staff at all levels both within and outside the Port Authority.
- Strong writing skills, with experience in preparing memos and other business communications.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.