This job posting is no longer active.
Reporting to the Customer Experience Liaison, with accountability to the Manager, Landside Operations and Customer Experience LGA, this position is dedicated to drive and monitor the delivery of world-class customer experiences at all points of passenger interaction at the airport. The incumbent will have a passion and desire to satisfy plus surpass customer needs and expectations, monitoring, inspecting, and reporting on real-time operations to ensure that every customer experience interaction is exceptional. The incumbent will coordinate across the Airport Operations and Customer Experience organizations to implement innovative strategies and be a champion of the customer in all facets of airport operations.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement and support the airport’s focus on customer experience and delivery of quality service.
- Monitor in detail all facets of airport operations, service quality, and customer engagement through audits / inspections at all customer touchpoints (terminals, welcome centers, frontages, ground transportation areas, buses, garages and AirTrain) to ensure positive customer engagement and ongoing evaluation of the customer experience.
- Communicate real-time issues and information to the Airport Operations Center for a coordinated response across relevant airport stakeholders.
- Prepare summaries of key metrics, inspection data, and customer feedback to key staff in Landside Operations, the Airport Operations Center, and the Customer Experience organization.
- Identify and track follow-up actions to mitigate or rectify issues observed in the field.
- Provide project management support for the implementation of Customer Experience projects and initiatives across all customer touchpoints, including the Airport Service Quality (ASQ) program and Mystery Shop.
- Provide real-time operations support for critical operations and customer experience needs as they arise.
- Conduct regular inspections of signage, wayfinding, and ADA / Title VI compliance throughout all airport terminals to ensure compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive facility or large operations management experience or customer service background within a complex operations environment
- Experience documenting and managing the successful day to day functions at a large facility
- Proven communications, project management, or other related business processes experience.
- Prior working knowledge and understanding of integrating customer service needs into day-to-day decision making and projects.
- Ability to report to work expeditiously in response to airport emergencies, inclusive of snow emergencies, 24 hours per day, seven days per week
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Background in facility management and/or operations within an airport, hotel or large venue setting
- Dynamic, customer-focused leadership capability, with the ability to manage, develop, and motivate diverse teams to perform at their highest level
- Experience in exceptional delivery of customer service and customer communication programs in any transportation-related, high operational tempo environment, or equivalent consumer volume
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate problem-solving analysis and decision-making skills
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.