The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey is seeking a Senior Compensation Analyst
in the Human Resources Department to join the Compensation & Classification team!
Reporting to the Lead Compensation Analyst, this job is responsible for performing a full range of job classification and employee compensation analysis for the agency’s non-represented jobs. This job performs analysis to determine the proper category and level of jobs, and performs quantitative analysis related to employee pay. The selected candidate will have the primary responsibility for evaluating and classifying jobs for position upgrades and other position changes and recommend the appropriate classification action through collaboration with internal Business Partners and client departments. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform quantitative analysis of compensation-related data using queries and Microsoft Excel to create reports.
- Complete standard and ad hoc compensation surveys as requested by external sources.
- Review, analyze and compare survey results.
- Conduct compensation-related research via the internet, publications, and other sources.
- Conduct benchmarking with internal and external sources to gather information about Compensation programs and concepts.
- Creating, editing, interpreting, and maintaining job descriptions for the agency's jobs, while taking every opportunity to expand inventory.
- Assist in developing compensation related training content and presentations.
- Supporting Human Resource and agency projects and initiatives as required.
- Support competitive pay for employees through use of the agency’s Technical Career Track and special programs like Operations & Maintenance Career Pathways.
- Support with labor analysis, as needed.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Finance, Data Analytics, or Business-related field
- Minimum of two to three years Compensation-related experience. This experience shall include strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to perform quantitative analysis independently.
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Graduate degree in Human Resources, Finance, Data Analytics, or Business-related field.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Coursework in statistics, organization design, or compensation.
- Knowledge of human resources and compensation practices.
- Knowledge of regulatory and legal directives governing compensation administration.
- Knowledge of job classification systems and basic organization design concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- HR certification (CCP, PHR, SPHR, etc.)
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and/or SQL.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the "Apply Now" button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority:
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.