The Port Authority (PATH) is seeking Electronic Techinician - Machine Repairmen!
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Maintenance Supervisor – Mechanical, Machine Repair Foreman, and/or Lead Electronic Technician, the Electronic Technician - Machine Repair is responsible for the proper maintenance, repair, testing and modification of PATH’s turnstiles and other fare control equipment.
- Typical duties include performing skilled work in the repair of turnstile, MVM and MEM components (including electronics), testing and identifying fare control equipment, and maintaining a spare parts inventory, ordering parts as necessary.
- NOTE: The foregoing is not exclusive and is not meant to describe all those duties which may be assigned to an Electronic Technician - Machine Repair pursuant to the agreement between PATH and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Union (IBEW).
- NOTE: Employees who are promoted or transfer to the Electronic Technician-Machine Repairman title will be covered by the provisions of the IBEW Memorandum of Agreement and should familiarize themselves with any changes pertaining to health/welfare benefits and/or terms and conditions of employment governed thereby
- POSITION AND SALARY: An evaluation will be held to identify candidates for the position of Electronic Technician - Machine Repair in the Way & Structures Division. The salary for this position will be $41.68 per hour.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
Education:High School or Equivalency Diploma is required. Graduation from a technical school with a certification in Electronics or a related field is highly desirable.
- Four (4) years experience maintaining electro/mechanical devices.
- Two years of work experience may be substituted for an Associate degree in Electronics.
- Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Ability: Ability to read complicated electrical wiring and mechanical diagrams as well as the ability to use testing equipment, hand tools, and light power tools.
How this position will be filled:
WRITTEN EXAMINATION: The written test is designed to measure such factors as motors, digital electronics, analog electronics, schematics and print reading, power supplies, basic AC/DC theory, test instruments, mechanical, and basic computer knowledge.
PERFORMANCE EXAMINATION: The performance examination is designed to measure such factors as the candidate’s knowledge of, and the ability to perform, skilled electronic work such as troubleshooting, using test equipment, reading schematics, and knowledge of PATH’s fare collection system.
TEST DATE & LOCATION:The written examination date is to be determined. Candidates who successfully pass the written exam will move onto the performance test. The performance test date is to be determined. Accepted candidates will be notified of the time, date and location of the written exam. Make-Up Examination Policy: Accepted candidates who receive notification of a test date, complications due to a chronic illness; Documented traffic/public transportation delays; Vacation scheduled prior to announcement of an evaluation that would result in documented significant financial loss if cancelled.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.