Under the direction of the Manager of the Content Management and GIS Unit, the responsibility of the ECM Team is to provide standardized and scalable content management platforms to address the business and productivity needs of the Agency. The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) System Administrator plays a lead role for the Content Management Team and has primary responsibility for the architecture, design, implementation and ongoing support of the installed products, which include OpenText Corp. and Microsoft ECM Product Suites, along with Document and Records Management Solutions.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Provisioning, installing, configuring, maintaining, and deploying production and development environments based on Open Text’s Content Server Suite
- Performing on-going maintenance support of add-ins and modules; including deployment of core cumulative updates and patching of optional module
- Provisioning of hardware configurations, creation of implementation plans and participation in and execution of Disaster Recovery efforts
- Maintaining an operational run book inclusive of license management, versions, hardware specifications and architectural/logical diagrams
- Performing daily system administration of the ECM environment, including configuration management, system monitoring and performance, auditing of user actions, and review of system logs
- Proactively using monitoring tools for optimization and capacity utilization of the search engines and indices
- Performing root-cause-analysis, as well as performance management and optimization of ECM systems;
- Monitoring and troubleshooting to include document recovery, notification, audit capabilities and system errors
- Understanding the ECM Environment from a business perspective to troubleshoot and problem resolution directly with user community and via the Support Desk ticket assignments; assistance to ECM Team with preparation of procedures and scripts to the Support Desk for problem resolution
- Participating in planning phases of the platform for projects, technical analysis, design, testing and implementation
- Performing account de-provisioning and e-Discovery collections
- Creating and sustaining basic workflows using native OpenText functionality and eForms Management Server
- Configuring and managing web/application servers (IIS7.5 & Apache Tomcat)
- Performing on-going maintenance and support of the xECM module for SAP and Content Server; responsible for patches, updates, collaboration with support teams troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Developing usage reports and understanding the key tables in the Content Server schema and generating custom LiveReports with MS SQL database
- Understanding of networking, network security, and data encryption
- Configuring users and groups, determining system privileges and access control; configuring and managing the search engine; customizing searches for end users
- Providing assistance to assigned Content Managers in designing new structures and access controls
- Designing, implementing, and providing on-going support for Open Text’s xECM for SAP, Archive Server, BRAVA! Server, and Release Scrip for Kofax
- Configuring and supporting Microsoft technologies such as: IIS, SQL Server, Active Directory, and Office 365
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer programming, Information Systems or equivalent and at least four years’ professional experience administering the OpenText Content Server (formerly Livelink) Suite
- Candidate will have the skills to install, configure and administer Content Server in a production environment including an understanding of scalability
- Demonstrated Communications skills (oral & written) to perform needs assessment, draft technical designs, and create implementation plans OR an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Two years’ experience managing the communication and scheduling of OpenText maintenance activities
- Business analytical experience understanding the Content Server functionality from a Business User perspective
- Direct experience with taxonomy designs
- 1-year experience implementation and supporting Open Text’s Records Management
- Working knowledge of network architecture, domains and, and firewalls
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.