Reporting to the Program Director, LGA Redevelopment and the LGA Chief of Construction, and under the direct supervision of the respective Engineer of Construction, the Senior Program Manager, Construction will be responsible for the day-to-day management of contractor activities at LaGuardia Airport. Specifically, the Delta Airfield Reconfiguration Program, DARP. The Senior Program Manager, Construction will manage the day-to-day contractor activities. This will include coordination with the various Facility Operations, assurance that proper construction inspection and contract administration practices are in place to assure that construction is completed according to the contractual schedule, is within the approved construction budget, and that the construction is performed safely and in accordance with all approved documents.
Responsibilities also include:
- Supervising a staff of Engineers, Inspectors and Administrators who assure the overall quality of the installed product.
- Overseeing the contractor’s adherence to plans, specifications and approved shop drawings; assure construction methods are properly coordinated with Facility Operations and are performed safely; administering contracts within PA standards.
- Representing the Program Director and Engineer of Construction during their absence in meetings, facilitate office correspondence.
- Assuring adherence to Engineering Department Contract administration practices and procedures.
- Reporting regularly, both in writing and in person, to the Engineer of Construction and Executive staff, as required.
- Following and enforcing Construction Management Division administrative procedures, as applicable, with all staff to assure compliance and to mentor and train staff which could strengthen our role in the Agency.
- Overall coordination of the contractors’ activities with Facility Operations, and coordination with outside entities during Stage IV as well as other Engineering Units and Divisions.
- Monitoring and reporting on all aspects of design, engineering, TAA review and construction for LGA Redevelopment.
- Providing high-level briefing on project status to senior executive management.
- Ensuring continually improved levels of service, quality and increased customer satisfaction through oversight of project implementation, collaboration among all stakeholders, and mitigation of facility operational impacts.
- Leading, developing and motivating staff to ensure that the performance is aligned with best industry practice, ensuring quantifiable performance measure are established for all staff.
- Coordination between Project/Program Managers and Facility stakeholders to mitigate impacts to airport operations and services during Construction.
- Assisting with third-party utilities & vendors (Con Edison, National Grid, Verizon, MTA, etc.) to facilitate construction work within the airport.
- Communicating with the Project/Program Managers on any upcoming service changes, moratoriums, and other planned events that will impact planned construction under LGAR & DARP.
- Engaging with Project/Program Managers to participate & interact in REO progress and coordination meetings; ensure progress schedules and forecasts are being uniformly monitored and tracked (i.e. make sure everyone is on the same page with completion dates and milestones).
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering from an accredited college or university (ore related).
- Ten (10) years’ experience as a Resident Engineer/Construction Manager in the area of Port Authority Construction related projects.
- Knowledge of construction strategies, processes and procedures in various types of construction, including aeronautical, roadway or terminal type construction.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of consultants, permanent and specialty staff.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect (RA) in New York and/or New Jersey.
- Valid driver’s license.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience managing a staff of Engineers and Construction professionals, at airport facilities.
- Experience with construction industry outreach, other Agency/firms, and demonstrated construction industry committee(s) participation; including public speaking.
- Certified Construction Manager or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills as evidenced from experience in managing and settling contractor disputes.
- Monitoring actual budget expenditures and schedules against forecasts and troubleshooting when required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is currently seeking an experienced Senior Program Manager to focus Construction management for the Delta Airfield Redevelopment Program.
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agencies network of aviation facilities, which consist of John F. Kennedy (JFK), Newark Liberty International (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA), Stewart International (SWF) and Teterboro (TEB) airports, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, which is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
The Aviation department mission is to develop, provide, promote, maintain and enhance a unified system of safe and secure regional airport facilities, providing the region with unsurpassed global access and restoring the region to its preeminent status as the nation’s gateway for passengers and cargo, and to do so with sensitivity for the community and the environment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.