The Social Media Specialist we are seeking to join our dynamic team should be a seasoned social media marketer, who has experience primarily as a content creator (writing, graphics, and light video production experience) but also has had exposure to social media customer service, crisis communications, and social paid media planning and buying.
As the organization is shifting the way it communicates, the Social Media Specialist’s role is high profile, so the ideal candidate should have a high level of competency with creating presentations as well as presenting to senior leadership and large groups.
Finally, the Port Authority is in the midst of a series of major capital projects. The ideal candidate will have had exposure to transportation categories including aviation.
- Strategy & Concepting: The Social Media Specialist will participate in the development and execution of social media strategies, including the overarching social media playbook and campaigns.
- Campaign and Content: The Social Media Specialist will be the primary developer of content with an emphasis on the copywriting. From time to time, the Specialist may have to develop graphics in addition to guiding partners (e.g. creative services, freelancers, and ad agency) in the content creation process.
- Monitoring Social Feeds: The Social Media Specialist, in consort with other customer engagement/service disciplines, shall monitor activity of customers (including feedback) on the social media feeds.
- Managing Partners: Platforms (e.g. Facebook) and Outside Vendors (e.g. Social Studio) will need to be managed to ensure we are taking advantage of the latest features.
- Reporting: The Social Media Specialist will support the Analytics Manager in any reporting needs.
- Customer Engagement: The Social Media Specialist will be a resource for customer engagement colleagues and will help guide service line partners, customer engagement, operations, and media relations in the best way to respond to issues.
- Tech Needs: The Social Media Specialist will support any tech needs for the execution of their projects and elevate any needs that require outside support to the Social Media Supervisor.
- Experience with optimizing social listening queries is a plus.
- Paid Social Media Support: The Social Media Specialist will support in the execution of paid social media campaigns. They will collaborate with the Social Media Supervisor on channel strategy, targeting, and creative development. In addition, they may be required to help with reporting on the campaign performance.
- Media Relations & Service Lines: The Social Media Specialist will support in the development of content for media relations initiatives as well as other teams’ content needs.
- Planning: As the team will be focused on optimizing across social media for customer experience as well as marketing initiatives, the Social Media Specialist may be required to participate in projects that help to guide other teams in how to use social media or develop organizational functions.
- Thought Leadership: The Social Media Specialist will be required to stay up-to-date on new platform functions and share with internal teams their findings.
- Administration: The Social Media Specialist will support the Social Media Supervisor with the administration of the team; this includes but is not limited to maintaining a content calendar and status sheet.
- Participating in Events: From time to time, the Social Media Specialist will be required to attend events where they may be asked to live tweet or produce content in real time.
- Engaging Micro-Communities: The Social Media Specialist may periodically come up with strategies for engaging online communities.
Timing & Collaborative Tasks:
- Outside Business Hours Support: Transportation is a fast-moving industry. The Social Media Specialist will be required to work outside normal business hours periodically to support customer engagement and crisis management needs.
- Customer Engagements: The Social Media Specialist may be required to answer customer engagement questions/issues outside of regular business hours.
- Weather Events and Emergencies: During weather events and emergencies, the Social Media Specialist may be required to help with messaging of weather events and emergencies. The Social Media Specialist may be required to collaborate with Operations and Media Relations in developing this function. Again, this may require outside business hours support.
- Status Report: The Social Media Specialist is expected to update the weekly status in a timely fashion as set forth by the department.
- Project Management: The Social Media Specialist will work with the Social Media Supervisor to assess and prioritize project requests from service line departments and other stakeholders. They will ensure regular communication so that projects are moving according to timelines and workload, managing up and thinking ahead of how resources will need to be reallocated.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field from an accredited college or university
- 5+ years working on content development, social paid media, and customer service agent
- Ad agency or in-house experience
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Experience with Hootsuite and BrandWatch social listening and engagement tools
- Familiarly with video production and graphic design tools a plus
- Experience with professional photography or guiding photographers
- Excellent writing skills for public facing communications
- Fluent in Spanish or other languages a plus
- Category transportation experience (aviation and transit a plus)
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.