The Port Authority offers paid summer internships to students that provide the opportunity to work with knowledgeable and experienced professionals on assignments critical to operating, maintaining, and expanding the transportation infrastructure for one of the greatest economies in the world.
Assignments include hands-on projects to cultivate technical, writing, communication and team-building skills. The diversity of our businesses creates a variety of opportunities for students to gain exposure to the work of a first-class public agency.
The Human Resources Department is looking for a summer intern to join their team in the Talent Management division! Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in managing our online learning library that will include uploading new content to our learning management system, creating marketing materials, communications and specialized content catalogs.
- Assist in redesigning internal website (eNet) for Talent Management programs and processes.
- Support virtual learning in a producer role ranging from individual contributor skill development to leadership workshops.
- Research best practices and emerging trends to identify opportunities for growth and support of training and development programs and technologies.
- Assist with employee engagement survey and action planning.
- Refresh our talent and succession planning process bringing cutting edge, thought leadership and best practice to the existing approach .
- Own your own project that will impact our team and present your findings at the conclusion of the internship.
- Shadow team members to understand their work and how it integrates across HR strategies to drive business results.
- Manage other special projects as assigned.
About the Talent Management Division:
Talent Management division helps employees grow and develop at the agency through design and implementation of various learning and development programs.
- Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate program for the upcoming Fall 2021 school semester.
- We are seeking interns who are talented, driven and who have a genuine interest in contributing to the success of the New York/New Jersey region.
- We welcome applications from a diverse range of University disciplines and concentrations.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters with excellent communication, research and applicable technical skills.
- Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate program for the upcoming Fall 2021 school semester. Rising Junior majoring in HR, Communications, or Business Administration Major.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency or knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Interest in contributing to the success of the New York/New Jersey region.
- Learnings from your completed courses pertaining to the Talent Management focus area in Human Resources is preferred.
About the Program
- Interns have the opportunity to support their departments with critical projects such as analyzing regional demand data for our airports, conducting interview assessments, development of our annual budget, designing sustainability initiatives, and developing operational plans for retail development.
- On the job, learning is supported by networking sessions with senior management, intern meet and greets and career workshops; broadening your understanding of the agency.
This position will be a virtual internship opportunity.
This internship is expected to be a full-time internship lasting 8 weeks.
How To Apply
- To apply, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Please be sure to complete all steps of the application process and click Submit at the end.
- Applicants will receive a generated confirmation email upon application completion.
- To be considered for the position you must respond to the essay question below.
- All applicants must answer all prompted questions and essay.
- Please upload your response and resume as one document in the section of the online. application that prompts you to upload your resume.
- Your essay response cannot exceed 150 words.
Applications that do not include a resume and essay response will be considered incomplete and will not be moved forward in the selection process.
Essay Question: Why do you want to work as a Summer Intern for the Port Authority of NY & NJ?
The application deadline is April 19, 2021 at 11:59pm. You will not be able to apply after this date.
- Interview Process: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and interviews will be conducted in March-April.
- Program Start Date: The Summer Internship Program is slated to begin June 3, 2021
The Selection Process:
- Please note that more than one department may contact students to interview.
- Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
- Interns are selected based on academic achievement, analytical and communication skills, and work experience.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.