Reporting to the Assistant Director of Business Solutions, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Identification and analysis of economic, trade, supply chain and maritime industry trends and developments and their potential effects on the Port and the Department with the purpose of developing Departmental policy, strategic initiatives and business decisions.
- Analyze market trends, including global shipper and ocean carrier developments, as well as key customer issues and competitor ports to determine their impact on the Port Department’s business and overall impact on the Port of New York and New Jersey and provide updates to Senior Leadership.
- Provide market analysis, industry intelligence and research to colleagues across the Port Department units and divisions in a timely manner to ensure staff has the information necessary to achieve department goals and objectives (i.e. marketing plans, pricing strategies, tariff updates, business development etc.).
- Manage the receipt and reconciliation of monthly Cargo Facility Charge data from the tenants and coordinate work with the relevant Financial and Leasing staff to generate and distribute invoices and track revenue collections.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators for the Port Department and for the portfolio of business activity managed by the Department.
- Supervise the development of timely and accurate cargo, shipper, commodity and carrier activity and trend reports for use by senior Department staff, executive management and Business Development staff. Provide data in a timely manner to support Media queries.
- Manage, plan and support the preparation of the volume forecasts required for the annual budget, long range forecast, quarterly and monthly updates.
- Manage the annual review and update of Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) Tariff Rates and Cargo Facility Charge Annual Report.
- Provide oversight, direction, and career development to staff in the Unit.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Economics, Finance, International Business, Marine Transportation, Logistics, Business or similar related field.
- Ten (10) years of experience in the shipping/cargo transportation industry in operations, analysis or sales.
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively to all levels of management both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated experience in managing, manipulating and analyzing large amounts of complex data and developing databases in Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicts and facilitate problem solving and collaboration among various stakeholders.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a Federal Security Background check and obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) to work in a maritime environment as required by the US Department of Homeland Security.
The ideal candidate should possess but not limited to the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated understanding of marine terminal operations, including bulk, break-bulk, container and vehicular cargo facilities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Applications and SAP.
- Demonstrated understanding of vessel operations including operating costs, characteristics and economics as well as ocean carrier routing and port choice analysis/decision making.
- Working familiarity with and proven ability to understand and apply data and intelligence available through external industry trade publications and data sources.
- Proven experience managing analytical data including market and data analysis projects from scoping to completion.
- Experience in staff management.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.