The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is seeking a motivated leader with demonstrated strong communication, planning and execution skills and a passion for excellence to guide innovation through technology as a means of achieving the department’s vision of becoming a World Class Operator of World Class Airports.
Reporting to the Aviation Operations Officer, the Manager, Aviation Technology & Innovation (ATI) will bring the vision and leadership necessary to develop and implement the department’s Digital and Technology Innovation Strategy. The Manager will collaborate with the department’s other lines of business to identify technology needs, lead the ATI Team, and collaborate and coordinate with other agency departments to develop, implement, and support cost-effective business solutions that are aligned with the needs of the Aviation business as well as those of our agency partners.
The Manager will lead the ATI team in establishing strategic direction and priorities to ensure there is strategic coherence between digital and business transformation programs.
The Manager is responsible for delivering a technology strategy that will:
- Drive Productivity through incorporation of technologies that enhance operational performance
- Keep our Data Secure
- Position Aviation as a Trusted Partner to the wider agency business
- Deliver and maintain a flexible and responsive Enterprise Architecture
- Deliver innovation through IT projects and governance
The Manager will be responsible for leading ATI to provide solutions to support existing business and development programs. The Manager is accountable for:
- Business planning, including management of related capital and operating budgets;
- Development and implementation of an innovative Aviation Digital Program with associated information management strategy and processes that will support development, strategic direction and establishment of technology priorities for new terminal development programs and existing operations;
- Leadership and management of current and new technology suppliers for the Aviation Department to ensure appropriate systems are in place to support the business efficiently, effectively and ensuring value for money;
- Maximising technological investment and benefits, including reuse and sharing of components, such as engineering systems, databases, web services, and document management, to provide enterprise-wide applications internally and with external partners through the creation of a fully integrated Enterprise Solution;
- Leading the implementation and evolution of the Aviation digital strategy to support the department’s mission and core objectives and align its strategy to agency technology strategies;
- Influencing policy and strategies related to the underpinning digital, technology and information aspects of the digital program to ensure the exchange of best practice is developed across the agency;
- Management of ATI staff, setting clear objectives and priorities, supporting the Aviation department, and ensuring that there is strategic coherence between technology and digital cross-cutting issues, such as user needs and cyber security;
- Management, mentoring and career development of ATI staff;
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management and oversight of contract staff to meet facility deadlines within contract requirements and budget.
- Chairing the steering committee for the development, strategy and delivery of IT Master Plans at LaGuardia, Newark Liberty International and John F. Kennedy International Airports.
- Serving as the Aviation Department representative in meetings with the agency’s Technology Department (TD) and serving as the technical owner representative on all projects delivered by TD for Aviation.
- Addressing Department requests for technology development, technical specifications, technological components within bid documents, technology research and deployment of technological devices at all Aviation facilities.
- Management of Department contracts for application support and system administration of third-party network / IT systems.
- Administration of contracts and monitoring the performance of systems necessary for the operation of numerous IT and related technology programs across the department.
- Management and supervision of staff, providing constructive feedback, championing diversity and inclusion and encouraging professional development.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, Information Systems or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years progressively responsible experience in technology or information systems with implementation of new systems, troubleshooting problems and developing technological innovation.
- Digital and technological literacy and the ability to engage effectively with technical staff, suppliers and stakeholders to define the best approach to achieving business and user objectives.
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business operations.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.