The Management and Budget Department (MBD) reporting as a department to the CFO, is a team of proud and dedicated professionals who ensure the appropriate allocation of financial, physical and human resources through the annual budget process, financial performance reporting and review of resource requests using innovative, collaborative and supportive approaches in a very diverse environment. As part of the MBD team, you will acquire experience on the agency’s financial structure and processes as well as knowledge of the operations of various lines of business giving you extensive opportunities for a long-term career at the PA.
What you’ll be doing...
The Principal Budget Analyst is a key member of the MBD leadership team who is tasked with managing the development of the new budget system’s specifications, it’s procurement and implementation. This position will collaborate with stakeholders within and outside of the Agency to develop new business and technical requirements, that leverage industry best practices in order to enhance budget and financial performance functionality, promote interface with other agency enterprise systems, improve reporting capabilities, and ensure the integrity of the data.
Specific responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Meets with all stakeholder to collect data, documents and other information to create user friendly specification that describe how the system will be developed and implemented. Collaborate with Tec to create project plan which lists project timeline..
- Manage the system replacement project in coordination with Tec to ensure adherence to the established timeline and budget. Ensure all stakeholders are informed on key deliverable and milestones.
- Develop and conduct with Tec user acceptance training and provide ad-hoc support as necessary throughout the transition period.
- Support the evaluation of a wide range of financial programs, productivity improvements, capital projects, or new initiatives to identify operational impacts. Coordinate and build cross functional teams within and outside of MBD to complete assessments and more efficient process.
- Issue corporate financial reports by department, program or other business segment, that informs all levels of executive management, commissioners, and external agencies of financial performance and annual spending.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Accounting, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or related field.
- Three years’ experience in performing complex financial analysis, budgeting or operational analyses within a large organization.
- 3-5 years of Project management or supervisory experience.
- Experience with third party agreements such as those with Airlines, contractors, tenants, or other external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with executive staff or external constituents at individual and group levels.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills, with the ability to present and discuss financial information in a clear and informative manner.
- Expertise with desktop applications such as MS Office, and experience with corporate systems such as SAP, PeopleSoft, Budget PRO and ICMS/Cognos.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Finance, Accounting, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or related field.
- As a Lead analyst proficient in performing financial analyses including what-if scenarios, and cost benefit analyses. Strong strategic skills, with the proven ability to identify and assess key points, implications and make recommendations based on analytical reviews of business cases as related to high-level strategic vision.
- In continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and a project management.
- In technology and system implementation.
- In managing and developing staff.
- Financial or Management Consultant.
- In analyzing financial and operational issues and recommending solutions / alternatives.
- With Port Authority’s financial, operating and capital budgeting and accounting structure.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.