Reporting directly to the Senior Accounting Supervisor Tolls/PATH, the responsibilities of the Accounting Supervisor will include, but are not limited to:
- Review cash and credit card transaction for Public Parking revenue at all airports to reconcile to ABM daily report. In addition, monitor daily transaction enter into PRDS (Parking Reporting Database System).
- Prepare and review PATH monthly Journal Vouchers in addition to monitoring the accuracy of the monthly estimates at PATH.
- Work with staff from PATH, New York City Transit (NYCT) and representatives of Credit Card companies (American Express, MasterCard/Visa and Discover) in order to perform reconciliation and settlement of funds and researching and rectifying discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Participate in FOI (Freedom of Information) requests for Revenue Accounting. Research and provide documentation as needed.
- Supervising a Staff Accountant, monitoring of PATH Passenger Revenues and Parking to ensure they are properly recorded.
- Ensure that monthly and year-to-date revenue variance analysis are completed timely and prepare presentation to supervisory/managerial staff in the Comptroller's Department.
- Assist Treasury Department's Credit, Collections & Accounts Receivable Division with invoice and payment inquiries related to imprest account funding and Credit Card reconciliation on a daily and/or monthly basis.
- Oversee all Cash Receipt transactions and perform balance sheet analysis for account 100013 (Cash clearing account) annually.
- Reconcile balance sheets associated with PATH and Parking revenues on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Prepare and provide documentation for internal and external audit process. Complete special assignments and respond to internal and external inquiries as required.
- Work closely with PATH and Vendors on the New Fare Payment System.
- Supervise daily activities of one staff accountant and one accounting specialis
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Corporate Finance from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- In lieu of bachelor’s degree a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience can be accepted.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- Thorough knowledge of Port Authority accounting and financial structure.
- Knowledge of Port Authority business and operations.
- Knowledge of GAAP as it relates to the Port Authority.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and communicate complex information clearly and accurately.
- Demonstrated analytic and problem solving abilities.
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external staff at all levels.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Excel.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button and submitting a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.